mouse movement causes massive fps loss

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Walk

mouse movement causes massive fps loss

Post by Walk » 23 May 2023, 12:59

After moving and getting PC setup in new location, I noticed that suddenly I'm getting massive FPS drops/hitches whenever I move my mouse quickly. This happens even in windows, I can make netflix stutter by whipping my mouse around.

I have everything setup exactly the same as I did before moving, where I never had this issue at all.

I have a 10900k OC to 4.8ghz, 3090 OC, 3600mhz ram, and fast SSD.

I tested with a viper 8khz (which is the mouse I was using prior to moving), as well as a hsk pro 4k+, and another mouse at 1k polling rate. The 4k and 8k polling rates both have a noticeable FPS drop. At 1k polling, it's not noticeable but I can measure it using RTSS and there is some instability on frames when I move the mouse quickly. I also have a 250 hz mouse I use for work, I can't see any issues with 250 hz no matter how quickly I try to move it.

For Affinity, I have my GPU on CPU 3, mouse interrupts on 8, and keyboard interrupts on 9. I have only physical cores. I run windows on core 0-2, then games on core 4-10. I only ever use 1 moues and 1 keyboard at a time, even though I have multiple plugged in.

I checked in MSI tool and did not see any shared channels, and everything that can have MSI has it enabled
https://i.imgur.com/NgRq6nO.png

For USB, I have a pcie USB hub where I have everything plugged in, except the mouse which is on port 1 of my mobo, along with a work mouse(250 hz) which I turn off when I'm gaming. https://i.imgur.com/CITqFdX.png

Prior to moving, this worked out excellent, but now, with seemingly no changes, I'm having these issues. Does anyone have any idea what the problem can be? I haven't been able to re-install windows, I plan on moving to Revision, but it'll be a week or so before I can do so.

I would like to resolve the issue, instead of just hiding it by reducing polling rate of my mouse, as the entire point of the razer 8k is the high polling rate. I'd like to stress that before moving everything ran flawlessly and I did not have any performance issues when moving the mouse at all.