Alienware AW2521H settings

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Mâro

Alienware AW2521H settings

Post by Mâro » 31 May 2023, 15:16

Hello everyone and sorry for my bad English I am French and use google translate. I have browsed the subjects concerning this gaming screen but I have not found the shoe for me, I have a nice config with an opti windows + overclocking, I would like for the experts of this screen some opinions on settings optimal for fortnite. I have mixed feelings with the input lag that I am trying to minimize but too much overshoot? what to choose ULMB 144, 240? Gsync? Gsync +356 fps? Gsync Vsync? colorvibrance?

I saw that Veno a pro uses this screen with the standard mode but does not say more about the rest, I find it super bland... and the overdrive is on Fast... which adds MS to me

For the moment I tried Gsync cap at 360 on the game + vibrance 100% + Gsync esports on the screen. Fluid but imput lag present and I feel it

I am very sensitive to input lag but also to ghosting (yes I am getting old) hard to make a choice that suits me

Please help me. Thanks for reading me ! :? ;)

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Alienware AW2521H settings

Post by RealNC » 01 Jun 2023, 05:00

Mâro wrote:
31 May 2023, 15:16
what to choose ULMB 144, 240? Gsync? Gsync +356 fps? Gsync Vsync? colorvibrance?

I saw that Veno a pro uses this screen with the standard mode but does not say more about the rest, I find it super bland... and the overdrive is on Fast... which adds MS to me
Overdrive shouldn't add any latency. To minimize overshoot, you should try various overdrive levels. The medium one is usually best.

Also, try a lower cap with gsync, like 320FPS to make sure there's no vsync lag (if you have gsync + vsync enabled.)

Btw, if the game doesn't actually reach the cap, then what you're seeing is GPU render latency. For an FPS cap to actually help with latency, the game needs to be able to reach that FPS cap. If you cap to 350FPS but your system is unable to run the game at that FPS, then you'll get more latency. You should use an FPS cap your system is able to reach.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Mâro

Re: Alienware AW2521H settings

Post by Mâro » 01 Jun 2023, 06:56

Thank you for your quick response so I will try the super fast mode, I'm not a fan of vsync given the input lag

in unlimited I reach about 800 fps in game so I think that capped is useless, so surely either just super fast activated or super fast + gsync at 360 fps? that's the conclusion I draw given that the only fps drops I have are when I jump off the bus and scrim end zone... :P