ASUS VG249QM1A - When manually turned off, changes 2nd monitor to main display, moving windows and shortcuts

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Norsixa

ASUS VG249QM1A - When manually turned off, changes 2nd monitor to main display, moving windows and shortcuts

Post by Norsixa » 22 Nov 2023, 16:41

Hiya,

So just recently bought a ASUS VG249QM1A monitor to replace my old samsung monitor. I have now put my ASUS VG248E as second monitor.

But the issue at hand here is now, that everytime I manually turn off my VG249QM1A monitor, it automatically gets disabled and no longer detected by the PC. So it goes back to making my VG248E main display forcefully.

Once I turn it back on, it goes back to putting my VG249QM1A as main and moving everything once again. It even will switch sound devices to my monitor instead of my headset.

I've not had this issue when I had the samsung syncmaster + VG248E. It would never do this, but the samsung was a VGA cable with displayport adapter. Now both screens are on displayport cables.

Anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I've tried playing around with various settings on both monitors, nothing really working.