27" 1440P 240+ Hz options?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
TheVeilsCurse

27" 1440P 240+ Hz options?

Post by TheVeilsCurse » 02 Dec 2023, 12:36

I'm currently using a VG259QM and an XB271HU. I'd like to have the best of both of these two in one monitor if possible. 1440P is so crisp while 240hz feels awesome! I'm pretty overwhelmed by the options out there. Here's some criteria:

1. No real budget. Whatever I buy needs to last atleast 5 years though.

2. I play a lot of Rainbow Six Siege so I want something that'll give me a clear picture in game without too much motion blur or anything. I want targets to be easy to track. I also play RE Engine games(like Resident Evil 2 and 4 Remake) and games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider so I'd like something with decent colors!

3. I don't care about strobing.

4. I have an AMD GPU(7900xtx) so I don't have access to G-Sync. Are there any drawbacks besides screen tearing if I play RE4 at 180-200fps on a display that has a 240hz+ refresh rate?

5. "Fast" IPS vs OLED? OLED sounds amazing on paper(and the display model at Micro Center looked really good!) but I'm legitimately concerned about burn in long term and from what I understand, they're only covered for two years by the manufacturer. Am I overthinking it? Or, is an IPS panel an all around safer choice until OLED matures?

If there's any other information you need to assist me, just let me know!