Playstation 5 monitor ghosting

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
radio

Playstation 5 monitor ghosting

Post by radio » 17 Jan 2024, 21:42

It annoys me very much that i purchased a playstation 5 and a good monitor to support its full capabilities, but it has ghosting.

Sometimes i dont notice it, sometimes i do. Its easier to notice when it contrasts a dark background, and happens in every game. I believe its one of my monitor settings. My monitor model is: LG Ultragear 32GP83B-B 32 inch QHD Nano IPS 165Hz Gaming Monitor. I saw someone say Deep color options helped them fix their ps5 ghosting issues so ill try that later, PS: My monitor has no overdrive option, Just refresh times being: Off, Normal, Fast, Faster. Thanks please help

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Playstation 5 monitor ghosting

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jan 2024, 20:17

Try turning on/off FreeSync and see what happens.

Some monitors have better overdrive when FreeSync is OFF.

Some monitors don't call it overdrive, the settings Normal/Fast/Faster is indeed overdrive. Sometimes lower refresh rates & frame rates will require lighter overdrive (Normal) and high refresh rates & frame rates requires stronger overdrive (Fast/Faster).

Try all settings with FreeSync OFF too. Try testing moderate settings like Normal/Fast since Faster may have inverse ghosting (bright coronas). Photo-negative ghosting, or bright coronas, is caused by excessively strong overdrive.

DeepColor is also known as HDR. Try turning on/off that setting on the monitor side too, if it has such an option. HDR is good on many monitors (MiniLEDs and OLEDs do HDR much better) but not all that good on other monitors (non-locally-dimmed LCDs).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

radio

Post by radio » 18 Jan 2024, 22:05

Thanks bro im gonna try those things and get back to you

radio

Post by radio » 18 Jan 2024, 22:29

Hey bro just tried all of that and it is still happening. I can send you a video of how it looks if you would like. Theres just a mirrored effect of fast moving objects, Almost like a 75% transparent version behind everything that moves. And its very annoying i dont wanna have to return it. Do you have discord?

radio

Post by radio » 20 Jan 2024, 23:57

Hey man just wanted to let you know that after further testing. It seems i can record playstation clips and the ghosting appears on the clips. So that may signify its something related to my console / console settings. and not my monitor. Thanks