Blurriness in Overwatch

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
masneb

Re: Blurriness in Overwatch

Post by masneb » 06 Feb 2024, 14:28

Neat and all, not here to argue semantics or have pissing contests based on what you think is the fastest game in existence... If I'm seeing it in Overwatch, and you don't see it in another game, does not mean it doesn't exist. You can download the game I'm pointing out there is a problem in and look to see if you can see the same thing.

If I was in highschool in '99, chances are I'm not young.

MatrixQW

Post by MatrixQW » 06 Feb 2024, 17:54

masneb wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 14:28
You can download the game I'm pointing out there is a problem in and look to see if you can see the same thing.
I don't mind installing it for testing but I don't think this would help you determine what the problem is if I don't get blurriness.
If it is a problem with the game engine like you suggested then everyone would have it.
Seems more a hardware issue, monitor or mouse. I suppose you already tried mouse at 1000Hz and still happens.
Try disabling xhci in bios and Analyzing USB performance issues by using Xperf and Netmon.

masneb

Post by masneb » 08 Feb 2024, 03:55

If you don't get blurriness, then it would mean that it's specifically my computer, assuming you're using the same monitor. That's not hard to logic out.

Not everyone has the same monitor. Not everyone is able to maintain the same level of FPS (1%s and .1%s at that). Nor does everyone have the same input chain from their mouse.

svenmnn

Post by svenmnn » 19 Feb 2024, 16:29

Hi OP. I have your exact issue. I spin around Tracer in the Practice Range and she is all jittery. My mouse was 100% the problem, since mouse input blurred everything up while just using keyboard is crystal clear.

I figured out that my mouse was somehow not going into wifi 2.4ghz connection mode and was still using Bluetooth that made it happen. I had an old mouse control software that was somehow conflicting with the mouse, not letting it go into 2.4ghz wifi connection and stuck in Bluetooth.

Once I deleted my old software and MADE SURE the mouse was in 2.4ghz wifi, 1k pullrate, 1600dpi, 2.5sens in game, high precision input mode. I spin around Tracer again and she is crystal clear.

I can replicate it and show it on video if you want.

svenmnn

Post by svenmnn » 19 Feb 2024, 16:39

RE: I have your exact issue.

My monitor is a 400hz TN 1080p 24". I have it in 400hz and I can replicate your exact issue. For me, it was 100% the mouse being stuck in Bluetooth and not the monitor.

OP, if you see this, FOCUS on your trouble shooting on the MOUSE, it's not the monitor. If you have a wireless mouse, try 1khz pull rate, wifi 2.4ghz connection, 1600dpi, 2.5 in game.

If you have a wired mouse, It could be something interfering/conflicting with how OW receives your mouse inputs as you, for example, spin around Tracer. Idk what you have software wise but check mouse drivers and if you have control softwares that may conflict.

masneb

Post by masneb » 27 Feb 2024, 03:48

In my case I have a Viper 8k, so wireless can't be the issue. Already covered everything suggested as per other posts.

It's either my monitor or my GPU. I was playing Deep Rock Galactic Survivor the other day and it's also noticeable, but not nearly as bad, that only uses keyboard input. Mouse is on a different USB/card compared to keyboard, which is on my onboard USB/hub.

Stress tested my GPU, not an issue. Changed cables, have the highest rated cable possible (which funnily enough got rid of some weird syncing issues I was having with the stock Asus cable).