Image stabilisation monitor?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
joseph_from_pilsen

Image stabilisation monitor?

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 18 Jan 2024, 12:47

I just got an idea, whether it is possible to get an image stabilisation done by monitor hardware?

There are FPS games with annoying shaking effect when shooting (like AK47 in cs2) causing outside the "wanted" effect (hard aim) also unwanted sideeffects (60Hz feeling, unsharp picture) which happens in CS2 after moving to source 2. Because in broken engines like source 2 it causes terrible fps drops and bad spray accuracy (the spray is lagging behind mouse due to low 1 percent fps).

I got an idea - it would be easy to bypass this effect at least visually by image stabilisation done by monitor the same way like cameras do - sacrificing a bit of FOV for smoothing the picture just by rendering only the part of picture which is always the same and not rendering the upper and lower 20 percent to stabilize picture.
Is there any monitor where this idea was implemented (or some try in history) ? It would be a nice feature to have, 100 percent undetectable and safe feature, same like monitor crosshair or monitor brightening the corners which are annoyingly dark ingame.... But i cant find any relevant findings :(