Camera panning in games and video playback not smooth

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
benjji1

Camera panning in games and video playback not smooth

Post by benjji1 » 24 Jan 2024, 22:08

Hi, ive been having this issue since december last year. first noticed it on warframe, the ingame frame graph shown that both the framerate and frametimes were stable yet the motion didnt feel fluid. it felt like microstutters or a frame skipping, its also apparent in other games too like league of legends. it is shown on fortnites in game frame graph though, as for videos its similar stutter, whenever the camera pans quickly its most evident. (you can see the camera stutter across) they dont feel smooth either.
SPECS:
CPU:5800x3d
GPU:3090 (second hand vram thermal pads replaced)
RAM: 32gb ddr4 3600 corsair vengence (two different 2x8 sets bought seperately, one is v 3.31 Micron die revB and other is 3.34 revE)
PSU:rm850e
CASE:nzxt h510
MOBO:b450 tomahawk max
STORAGE:samsung 860 evo(with OS on), 870 evo, 2tb wd blue hard drive, 1tb WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0
PERIPHERALS: mizar 60% keyboard, fifine 669 microphone, ub400 bluetooth adapter,model d mouse, AOC CQ32G1 and DELL G2724D.
ive tried using DDU to reinstall version 537.58, tried messing with bios settings (cppc, svm,c states,xmp profiles 1 and 2,pbo), tried updating chipset drivers, onboard audio and ethernet drivers, monitor drivers, rebooted through windows settings, high performance mode, turned off some unused devices in device manager, turning off hardware acceleration, (both in windows and in firefox) ive tried turning game mode off, turning MPO off, Turning Ftpm off, Using Nvidia Profileinspector to change the monitor from single to multi-display,Tried mulitple antivirus full scans, (windows defender, Kapersky,Rogue killer)I also checked the health of the drives with crystaldisk and all are healthy (above 92%) Temperatures are also under throttling temps. I may have tried other things that i cannot currently remember off the top of my head, ill try to respond or update the post if i have tried them or not.
I do usually also do have a video running on another monitor, either youtube (firefox) or a video playing from a folder. (k-lite codec).
there does seem to be some blueish marks on the inside of the display port, could that cause a connectivity issue and by that cause the issue overall? ive bought 2 extra dp cables and a surge protected APC extension cable, it didnt fix it. sent it into a local repair shop and they said they couldnt find or replicate the issue.
i did use a wall outlet tester and the voltage (or wattage i dont really know) was inconsistent on the circuit that my pc is on (went down to 239-238 on socket which pc is plugged into and 241 on another socket on same circuit) i do also get some latency spikes in latencymon, average is around 80 and it spikes upto 160.
i also have had a problem recently which was fixed by retraining RAM, which was that my pc kept BSOD looping after being shut down (it was fine whilst shutting down and beforehand). it kept giving me corrupted driver or corrupted kernel errors on the 860. Attached is a photo of the blueish marks on the GPU, I may have forgotten some things, as im writing this currently at 3 am. Any help on this issue will be greatly appreicated. and sorry if this seems poorly formatted or a bit nonsensical as due to mental health this issue and subsequent troubleshooting has given me alot of anxiety.
Attachments
IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_0789.jpg (833.86 KiB) Viewed 841 times

r0ach

Re: Camera panning in games and video playback not smooth

Post by r0ach » 28 Jan 2024, 02:11

You have a lot of potential problems. I don’t know anything about this keyboard but Google search has people saying it runs at something like 3000hz polling rate which is completely and totally ridiculous for a keyboard. I notice mouse movement take a large hit just connecting a 1000hz keyboard instead of 125hz, so I only use 125hz myself.

High polling rate keyboards are a meme. If you plugged in a high polling rate mouse in addition to that keyboard, it would be a complete and total disaster. Next you’re running multiple monitors at the same time which has long been a problem for scores of people, especially if they’re anything except two generic office monitors running the same resolution and same 60hz refresh rate.

Your first step is to connect a 1000hz polling mouse + a 125hz keyboard (buy a $12 Logitech K120) with only a single monitor attached and see if panning is smooth or not, then move to the next step. You might also need to try the registry setting to force p-state 0 and see if that stops stuttering from having multiple monitors connected. This will have the side effect of your 3090 using mega power 24/7 and turning the house into a Vietnam jungle sweat box.