XL2566K recommended settings for CS2 & a problem with scaling

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
chandler

Re: XL2566K recommended settings for CS2

Post by chandler » 14 Mar 2024, 15:54

Hybrics wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 16:54
chandler wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 14:28
joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 09:06
AFAIK as non zowie owner, zowie presents settings recommended for their monitors, go to reddit zowie channel, i know that my friend was looking for other model and found it (zowie specific, other fabricers dont do that).
I once saw a Zowie rep commenting on a reddit post and they just recommend some pre-tuned presets they "configured" or something..

I want someone who tested stuff to recommend settings they already are satisfied with :)

again both Dyac OFF and ON

EDIT : I've encountered an issue with scaling in NVCP.
since old ages of high refresh rate monitors I've always scaled using Display Scaling but the XL2566K if picking display - makes cs2 run on some inner square within the monitor, kind of like black bars but from all 4 sides, not only the left and right ones but also below and above.
override setting doesnt fix it either, only when picking GPU scaling it stretches the game properly. but Im a man of superstition and I always prefer Display scaling over GPU, is there a way to still be able to scale the monitor properly to stretch the game ? and not use GPU scaling instead ?
Hi, im using the XL2546K and is the same issue, to fix that go to Nvcp and select display scaling with full screen (override does nothing) then go to monitor settings, go to display mode and select "full"
Tell me if works for you :)
well I just checked this, it was actually on Full @ Display Mode by default.
I did a Reset ALL just in case, still with Display scaling selected it doesnt stretch the game, only GPU scaling works

Slender

Re: XL2566K recommended settings for CS2 & a problem with scaling

Post by Slender » 20 Mar 2024, 17:12

2546s latest best zowie monitor no issues.
i want back to it.

Hybrics

Post by Hybrics » 20 Mar 2024, 20:28

chandler wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 15:54
Hybrics wrote:
chandler wrote:
joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 09:06
AFAIK as non zowie owner, zowie presents settings recommended for their monitors, go to reddit zowie channel, i know that my friend was looking for other model and found it (zowie specific, other fabricers dont do that).
I once saw a Zowie rep commenting on a reddit post and they just recommend some pre-tuned presets they "configured" or something..

I want someone who tested stuff to recommend settings they already are satisfied with :)

since old ages of high refresh rate monitors I've always scaled using Display Scaling but the XL2566K if picking display - makes cs2 run on some inner square within the monitor, kind of like black bars but from all 4 sides, not only the left and right ones but also below and above.
override setting doesnt fix it either, only when picking GPU scaling it stretches the game properly. but Im a man of superstition and I always prefer Display scaling over GPU, is there a way to still be able to scale the monitor properly to stretch the game ? and not use GPU scaling instead ?
Hi, im using the XL2546K and is the same issue, to fix that go to Nvcp and select display scaling with full screen (override does nothing) then go to monitor settings, go to display mode and select "full"
I did a Reset ALL just in case, still with Display scaling selected it doesnt stretch the game, only GPU scaling works
u should check the display mode using the stretched res you want, not on native 1080p or using customs res with gpu scaing bc the monitor use full by default, to make it work: display scaling on nvidia, change the res to wherever u want to use like: 1280x960 then the monitor display mode will change itself to 1:1 thats why shows those black bars on top and bottom, check display mode again and it will be 1:1, select full and thats it :)

chandler

Post by chandler » 26 Mar 2024, 16:14

Hybrics wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 20:28
chandler wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 15:54
Hybrics wrote:
chandler wrote:

u should check the display mode using the stretched res you want, not on native 1080p or using customs res with gpu scaing bc the monitor use full by default, to make it work: display scaling on nvidia, change the res to wherever u want to use like: 1280x960 then the monitor display mode will change itself to 1:1 thats why shows those black bars on top and bottom, check display mode again and it will be 1:1, select full and thats it :)
ohhh I see so its a matter of actually needing to set up the in-game res in nvidia beforehand and then looking at the display mode..ok thank you , will try it asap