service menu reset

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
M2019

service menu reset

Post by M2019 » 07 Feb 2024, 16:47

hello,
i went to my monitor service menu and i did reset using the " nvram init" cuz i missed up some numbers and every value is back to the its default im sure if that cuz i had photo for it before doing anything so im sure nothing is changed but my question :
is the " nvram init" resets only the service menu or it could have affect on other things in the firmware that could change how the monitor is tuned from the manufacturer like how the overdrive or the mbr mod .etc are tuned ?

Falkentyne

Re: service menu reset

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Feb 2024, 18:41

NVRAM Init as far as I know is the same thing as an OSD option "Factory reset", except it could reset OTHER defaults that the OSD is programmed to set for you. Please be careful with these settings as the service menu was not designed for end users without debugging hardware connected to the monitor.

M2019

Re: service menu reset

Post by M2019 » 09 Feb 2024, 04:29

Falkentyne wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 18:41
NVRAM Init as far as I know is the same thing as an OSD option "Factory reset", except it could reset OTHER defaults that the OSD is programmed to set for you. Please be careful with these settings as the service menu was not designed for end users without debugging hardware connected to the monitor.
im 100% sure that nothing is changed in the service menu values i documented everything they are all same as they were before doing anything or by "OTHER defaults" you mean something else