Blurry screen normal or not at 60 fps? (PS5)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Torian99

Blurry screen normal or not at 60 fps? (PS5)

Post by Torian99 » 08 Feb 2024, 23:59

Hi there, please help me clarifying things up before i get totally silly. Sorry in advance if bad english, its not my native language.

So, the last system i had was a PS3 many years ago and now i bought a PS5, so im new to the "next gen" gaming and was expecting nice fluid 60 fps gaming with a sharp looking moving picture. 2 bought and refunded new 4k TV's (in the 700€ range) and 1 gaming monitor (Gigabyte M32U) later it didnt work out so far, and im already frustrated since i dont know if i have just bought shit products or if a blurry screen is normal at 60 fps.

All those products had all the allegedly important things: 4k, 144 hz, HDMI 2.1, Game mode, FreeSync, blur reduction stuff and whatnot. Yet in games i got a very noticable blurry screen whenever i moved the camera around (no matter if fast or slow) or whenever i was looking at moving objects, that object was blurry as well. Of course i've already tried out all possible settings, also tried several hdmi cables, to no avail. Of course i turned ingame motion blur off, in games where there was a setting for it. Stuff like overshoot just added ghosting at worse, but no noticeable blur reduction. In fact turning this overshoot setting on the M32U off gave me the best picture. Now i've refunded the gaming monitor as well, standing here with a PS5 and no screen.

My thoughts so far: All 3 products were LCD screens and rather were among the cheaper products, it seems. However either a noticable blurry screen is normal at 60 fps and i am just expecting too much here, or it can indeed be a much better picture but for this i might need to invest more and maybe buy a good OLED TV? Now if i pay around 1500€ for something like an LG C3, will it solve the problem or not? Will it make a difference to the previous products? I dont want to buy a 4th screen only to find out it has the same issue. And i also never intended to pay so much for a screen just to be able to play PS5. The PS5 did cost me 450€, do i really have to pay around quadruple price just for a frigging adequate picture?

Dalek

Re: Blurry screen normal or not at 60 fps? (PS5)

Post by Dalek » 10 Feb 2024, 06:39

Do you have pictures to demonstrate the blur you're talking about? (e.g. taking a picture of the screen with your phone?)

Torian99

Re: Blurry screen normal or not at 60 fps? (PS5)

Post by Torian99 » 14 Feb 2024, 14:41

Thats a funny question for numeral reasons. Firstly, viewing this page can make one think its a professional page, a page where people - especially the owners - professionally go into all things blur. People with experience.

And secondly, because due to the blur problem i had with these products i of course went into the internet looking for stuff to solve the problem. Now i know more about blur and screens in general than i've ever wanted to know. From my search on the internet it seems theres surprisingly not many people talking about the exact same problem like me, so either fast majority buy expensive good quality TV's, if this even is the solution. And even if, i still doubt that majority is buying expensive TV's. Or they dont give a flying damn about blurry screen while playing.
However, the few posts i've found theres often someone coming up with the same question and even if an OP delivers "proof", the asker usually dont have anything more to say to the topic. At best the asker usually responds with something "professional" like "maybe your TV/PS5/cable is damaged, maybe its shit TV, maybe mimimi, maybe i do not really have anything to contribute but thanks for showing proof anyway".

But to answer YOUR question, no, i do not have any "proof". Shouldnt even be neccessary because in fact you simply can believe me. If i tell you the screens were noticable blurry no matter what settings, it means the screens were noticable blurry no matter what settings. Now do you have anything to contribute or not. I guess not, otherwise you would have already contributed.

Anyone else? Im specifically asking for someone from the page, someone with experience, someone who knows what im talking about and whos capable of answering my questions.