Does there exist an LCD that can be used with Desktop BFI software and won't get image retention and horrid flicker etc

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Supermodel_Evelynn

Does there exist an LCD that can be used with Desktop BFI software and won't get image retention and horrid flicker etc

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 20 Feb 2024, 12:50

My M27Q P almost died to the Desktop BFI software from github it was VERY bad

https://github.com/squeaksci/desktopbfi

Off course this is a old software by a random inexperienced developer but he did a good job at it I wish there was a way to use this without destroying my LCD with all this horrible image retention yesterday it was even flickering after I had rebooted my PC my monitor would still have image retention and flicker felt like it died but then came back to life half an hour later.

But this software is amazing it has no screen cross talk whatsoever.

Wish there was a real solution or a real App like this that existed.

I know retro Tink 4K exists but I am not going to pay $700 just to get a BFI function

I am wondering if any specific monitors exist that are 240 HZ obviously and can use this software without issues.

What about upcoming OLED monitors do they have this feature?
I want one that can run at 60 HZ BTW

The XG 2431 has a 60hz strobe mode I wonder tho if BFI has less noticeable flicker?

I find the flicker in XG2431 strobe 60hz to be quite aggressive or is it that this is naturally how strobe functions?