1/4th of the screen is a black rectangle

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
CrazyWhisper

1/4th of the screen is a black rectangle

Post by CrazyWhisper » 27 Feb 2024, 10:25

I got this burn in on my screen since like october or something im planning on sending my laptop for the warranty in 2-3 months but the back of my monitor has some minor like really tiny surface scratches and im 99% sure lenovo will tell me i need to pay 150-200€ for the change. So i was wondering,will thus burn in change if i change the lcd of the monitor(by myself, have done that before) or do i need to buy a completely new display and then put that in this ones place?
And the thing is this happened while i was playing a game of fortnite and from the first like 6 months the monitor already had 2 spots with quite a lot of stuck/dead red pixels,but those arent a problem cause i can only see them in black screens.

(Artifacts photo)
I have this problem too,i dont remember since when but before all those happened that when i open specific apps,like lenovo vantage it gets these weird artifact thingies start popping out(i dont have a video)and if i move the window they disappear but as soon as i leave the window still then it starts spreading again and the whole of lenovo vantage was full of those thingies.(This is not a problem though i dont wanna be fixing this it doesnt bother me at all im just calling it out in case it helps)
And lastly a guy on reddit told me to try and put the monitor connector pins back in plac because maybe one of them is out but after i showed him everything other than the black rectangle he told me he doesnt know and he told me to come here for help.
Attachments
Red pixels
Red pixels
Screenshot_20240227-045818.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 267 times
Artifacts
Artifacts
Screenshot_20240227-053047.png (4.33 MiB) Viewed 267 times
Black rectangle
Black rectangle
Screenshot_20240227-053244.png (5.3 MiB) Viewed 267 times