Facing Issues with Curved 4K Monitor - Need Help! Hey everyone,

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
steveanderson

Facing Issues with Curved 4K Monitor - Need Help! Hey everyone,

Post by steveanderson » 05 Mar 2024, 08:02

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a curved 4K monitor and have been experiencing some issues with it. I was hoping to get some advice or guidance from the community here at forums.blurbusters.com.

The main problem I'm encountering is with the curvature of the screen. While it looks great aesthetically, I'm finding that certain elements on the screen, especially text and straight lines, appear distorted or stretched out towards the edges. It's particularly noticeable when working on tasks that require precision or reading text for long periods.

I've tried adjusting the display settings, including the curvature settings, but haven't had much luck in resolving the issue. I'm also wondering if it could be related to the refresh rate or the resolution settings.

If anyone has experience with curved monitors, especially in the realm of 4K resolution, I would greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions on how to optimize the display for better performance and clarity. Additionally, if there are any specific troubleshooting steps I should take or resources I should consult, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Facing Issues with Curved 4K Monitor - Need Help! Hey everyone,

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Mar 2024, 21:59

Do you have a photo of the distortion?
I'm trying to figure out if it's human perception, or if it's a geometric filter in the monitor/drivers.

I use a Corsair Xeneon Flex (bendable OLED monitor), so I've got some experience here.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!