Game Stutters caused by RGB software (e.g. Aorus / Aura / Armory Crate)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Game Stutters caused by RGB software (e.g. Aorus / Aura / Armory Crate)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Mar 2024, 21:21

Gizmmo wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 16:41
I uninstalled 2 RGB programs, Aorus from gigabyte and Aura from Asus. It works fine now.

Oh man, sorry for wasting your time, I've read RGB programs could be a problem in another thread where
you've already answered. I dunno what i was thinking and why i haven't tried that first.

Thanks a million!
Akso wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 18:52
After some testing on with the Animation Timing Deviation graph, Ive found out that Armoury Crate (Asus RGB Software) and L-Connect 3 (Lian-li RGB software) were causing stuter on the graph. Ive found out that after disabling all of their processes in the Task Manager.

Now. playing at 200 fps is butterfly smooth.

How in hell are RGB software able to do that ? Can someone explain to me ? Im about to resell all of my RGB thingy...
RGB software is sometimes a stutter-plague at >240Hz

It can be designed efficiently (Some RGB software has no perceptible latency) but different RGB software unfortunately adds a lot of latencies, jitters, and stutters.

I hope more vendors fix the inefficiencies of their RGB software by testing https://www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph with their own RGB software enabled/disabled. Once this is done (TestUFO = canary in coal mine), a bunch of game microstutters also disappear too!

I have had the same problem; It's shocking how RGB software inefficiencies sometimes turns a 240Hz monitor into a 60Hz monitor.

I love RGB, I use RGB, but... I wish they would fix 240Hz+ compatibility by adding 480Hz OLED to their RGB QA testing teams.
RGB = performance interferes with esports = bad for refresh rate race.
Can we get the RGB software ecosystem fixed?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dalek

Re: Game Stutters caused by RGB software (e.g. Aorus / Aura / Armory Crate)

Post by Dalek » 14 Mar 2024, 07:13

I used my motherboard software to turn off RGB once. My BIOS ended up tripping over and resetting sometime shortly afterwards. Enough said.

yuri

Re: Game Stutters caused by RGB software (e.g. Aorus / Aura / Armory Crate)

Post by yuri » 14 Mar 2024, 11:44

ICUE (Corsair rgb software) also cause a lot of stuttering.