Weird stuttery/jittery(?) edges on objects when panning camera in games

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
later_registration

Weird stuttery/jittery(?) edges on objects when panning camera in games

Post by later_registration » 12 Mar 2024, 04:52

Hey guys,

I've been having this issue since I built my new pc last summer, and I figured I may as try asking here. Basically the issue is that in every game, the edges of objects have noticeable stutter, even though the game itself still looks and feels smooth. I'm using an LG 27GR83Q-B 240hz 1440p monitor, and I also tried my old LG 144hz and ASUS 144hz (both of which worked fine on my old build). I took some videos in slo-mo on my phone camera, but its way more noticeable in person. I've tried every combination of varying refresh rates (240,144,120), tried every monitor setting (fast/normal/off response times), every combination of VRR/Freesync/Vsync (adaptive, fast, etc.) and basically every setting I could possible think of that would affect motion on my pc. I've tried several different HDMI/Displayport cables, tried changing polling rates on my mouse, changing the DPI, windows scaling, custom resolutions, tried a different mouse, 2 fresh windows installs (one where I totally cleaned drive and did a fresh install from usb) and still the same issue. I'm basically just use to it at this point but it would be an absolute godsend if someone could help me out. I've included some of the videos I took that sort of show how the edges 'bounce back'(?) or stutter. Again, the overall feel absolutely *feels* like 240hz, its only on the visual end that it looks choppy (really don't know how to describe it).

Specs:
Mobo: GIGABYTE - B650 AORUS ELITE AX
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600X
GPU: GIGABYTE 4070 Windforce 12gb
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x16gb 6000mhz DDR5

xPrzybyLx

Re: Weird stuttery/jittery(?) edges on objects when panning camera in games

Post by xPrzybyLx » 18 Mar 2024, 14:21

Are You referring to the monitor issue or in-game issue?

> the edges of objects have noticeable stutter

Do You mean shimmering of textures? This actually happens in some games and it's a driver/game issue.