BenQ XL2546X doubts

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Sirius

Re: BenQ XL2546X doubts

Post by Sirius » 22 Mar 2024, 20:23

Falkentyne wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 17:17
Benq/Zowie needs to start supporting 60hz single strobe on their monitors. They stopped enabling it ever since they switched from the Mstar scalers to the realtek versions (the last models that worked were XL2720Z, XL2420Z, XL2411Z and XL2430T).
Now the only gaming monitor that doing that is the ViewSonic XG2431, right ?
Current temporary test : XG2431 | Main monitor : actually nothing | I've had : 1080P : XL2546X / XL2566K / XL2546K / XL2546 / XL2540K / XL2746S / EX2510 / MAG251RX / NXG253R / MAG271CR / VG259QM / VG258QM / XG249CM / XG259CM / VG279QM / S2522HG / XG2431 / XG2405 / XG2702 / AW2518HF / AW2521HF / AW2720HF / 24G2U / Omen X 25 | 1440P : XV272UX / MAG274QRF-QD / 27GP850 / 27GN850 / AW2723DF / Omen X 27 / XG27AQM / XG27AQMR / S2721DGFA / Odyssey G7 / EX270QM / VG27AQML1A / XENEON 27QHD240 / XV272UKF / XV272UX 4K : U28G2XU2 / M32UC

DV2FOX

Post by DV2FOX » 23 Mar 2024, 01:13

Sirius wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 20:01
Well...i've made a huge answer and i've delete the page by a mistake :evil: :lol:
no problem, I'll start again.
DV2FOX wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 17:13
First of all, nice new Emul avatar. Suits ya ;3
Haha, Umu Umu desu wa ! ( i really like Emul, funny )
DV2FOX wrote:
My monitor's NOT a ZOWIE AFAIK ^^;;...No Z red logo. Only the typical black stand with red touches for the headset holder, the cable management... It's from 2013. But i can imagine the "successor" XL2411K is one and... Well, ya know...
Oh sorry to be honest i've not read entirely the post at first, that's why haha ^^"
That's a pretty old monitor ! not even a gaming monitor, anyway i've find that your BenQ have a tons of Overshoot and that's...pretty bad, here is what i called Overshoot >

DV2FOX wrote:
Well, in my monitor whenever i want to change the Hz (Only did it for Beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER emu) i simply right click on Windows 10's desktop on a free space, "Screen Settings"->Scroll down to "Advanced Screen Settings" and from there i can choose 50, two 59.940, 60, 99,93 and 120hz, hence the question about how many modes does the XL2546X monitor has with this NON Nvidia Panel method nor any other custom stuff (A screenshot of the menu i've just said, and can be seen below, would help)
Yes i know what you mean, here is what i have :

Windows :

Nvidia :

Like you see, no 144hz option but you can create that probably with the software Custom Resolution Utility.
DV2FOX wrote:
If it's not too much to ask, yes please, for 60hz and 120hz, and if 144hz are there too so be it.
Check that here : https://www.youtube.com/@AquilaeYT/videos

DV2FOX wrote:
Hopefully you can get pinged with the below. If not, let me know how to ping!

@Sirius
In fact, that's simple, you just need to make an answer by cliking on this little cube at the right >

And then you need to scroll to the end of the text and start to write here below at the end after the "quote" >

So what i have's called Overshoot I see.."The more you learrrrnnnnnn!"

So it DOES have 120hz... Even the 119 one, but i guess there's not much of a difference..

...Wow, now i can see why people says 120hz mode sucks..The only way to kinda save this mode in games is by either playing on a TV (My LG C3 in my case, 1440p/4K 120hz modes) or dealing with it on PC depending of the contents and using the S Switch to change between Dyac profiles, being your vid's 120hz Dyac 2 Premium OD 13 the closest solution. On TV i'd most probably need to use a controller because mouse n KB would snap my neck out in no time...

With 120hz Dyac off ugh the blur...Still i don't know how can this happen. Maybe because since it's a "Fast TN" panel that going one step back in Hz makes it ugly?

But with the Premium mode is still kinda tolerable but yeah, you'd mostly be on 240hz until stuff happens

....Is that blurryness normal on 60hz no matter any kind of monitor panel/brand (and Dyac modes) tho?. Since it's been a long time since i've touched 60hz games from GOG (You never know when you'll get back to em for nostalgia) i can't recall if i played my games correctly or not on my XL2420T

Just compared it with an XL2411K and i'm like... Is it really like mine?..There's no overshoot i think, only ghosting?, but if it's identical maybe i could go with it and save me like 300€ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgwxqA4_4A

But ofcourse jumping to a 240hz one would be a bigger upgrade even with the 120hz mode dilemma

Thoughts?

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 23 Mar 2024, 15:44

DV2FOX wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 01:13
...Wow, now i can see why people says 120hz mode sucks..The only way to kinda save this mode in games is by either playing on a TV (My LG C3 in my case, 1440p/4K 120hz modes) or dealing with it on PC depending of the contents and using the S Switch to change between Dyac profiles, being your vid's 120hz Dyac 2 Premium OD 13 the closest solution. On TV i'd most probably need to use a controller because mouse n KB would snap my neck out in no time...
It is really that bad ? for me it is usable but i have to admit that it is just for the test, i don't play at 120hz, never.
Only 60hz on solo games like Detroit Become Human on my OLED LG TV 48A1 ( 60hz )
DV2FOX wrote:
With 120hz Dyac off ugh the blur...Still i don't know how can this happen. Maybe because since it's a "Fast TN" panel that going one step back in Hz makes it ugly?
Honestly, i don't know, don't forget that i only have an old samsung smartphone and the result are a little bit blurrier than in reality, i cannot do better than that sorry ^^"
But why did you say that ? your BenQ is better at 120hz without strobing ? i don't understand.
Because on the video that you show above the discussion is for me, really bad ( tons of overshoot )
DV2FOX wrote:
But with the Premium mode is still kinda tolerable but yeah, you'd mostly be on 240hz until stuff happens
Premium mode is the latest ( strongest ) mode for the strobe, it's DyAc Premium, DyAc premium means latest ( strongest ) mode of the strobing ( motion blur reduction ) so yes it will be better for that of course than without strobing BUT there is crosstalk unfortunately but on this Zowie with custom overdrive settings ( 13 or 15 for me ) you don't have any overshoot.

DV2FOX wrote:
....Is that blurryness normal on 60hz no matter any kind of monitor panel/brand (and Dyac modes) tho?. Since it's been a long time since i've touched 60hz games from GOG (You never know when you'll get back to em for nostalgia) i can't recall if i played my games correctly or not on my XL2420T
I'm not sure I understood correctly, at 60hz the monitor has more input lag than at 240hz (which is logical) but it is not unusable, the ViewSonic XG2431 will be 100X superior in terms of blur in 60hz and 120hz because this monitor can strobe almost perfectly at these refresh rate, I however think that you have to use the Custom Resolution Utility software (only on PC) to have this, I had already done it, I already had an XG2431, excellent for the strobe has low Hz but I can't stand the flickering (which I could see with the naked eye) but it was much clearer (after all, it is BlurBusters2.0 certified) but at 240hz I didn't like the feeling ViewSonic, on Apex Legends I didn't see anything, the input lag was lower than my XL2546X but I'm going to retest the Viewsonic before buying an OLED.

DV2FOX wrote:
Just compared it with an XL2411K and i'm like... Is it really like mine?..There's no overshoot i think, only ghosting?, but if it's identical maybe i could go with it and save me like 300€ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgwxqA4_4A

But ofcourse jumping to a 240hz one would be a bigger upgrade even with the 120hz mode dilemma

Thoughts?
Not a big fan of the test that you liked, the guy on the video doesn't do the pursuit test correctly, it's not precise but I thought I heard that the XL2411K has a lot of overshoot, especially if you go below 144hz, note that on his test, he did a UFO test at 144hz but I thought I heard and saw that this one has quite a bit of overshoot when you go down in FPS/Hz.
In any case I advise you to find out better about the XL2411K, I never had the XL2411K because I no longer test monitors below 240hz, I no longer appreciate them.

Let's recap, what is your use? your games? what are you looking for ?

The fluidity ? the perfect motion blur ? perfect visibility from afar ? what refresh rate ? what FPS your PC is capable of ?

There are a lot of parameters to take into account but it's simple, for me:

- Retro games, games that require 60hz/120hz and you want to benefit from the minimum of motion blur with strobing (on PC!) : ViewSonic XG2431, it is small, 24 inches therefore smaller by 1 inch (this is possible if you're being picky about that) but it is the perfect 1080p for that usage, it have also a good Overdrive management.

- FPS games like Apex Legends or even COD, still 1080p but with the best input lag feeling at high refresh rate ( 240hz ), just performance and good 240hz strobing :
BenQ Zowie XL2546X, bigger by 1 inch ( 25inch ), better Black Equaliser performance so you see better opponent in black area, good custom overdrive settings to avoid overshoot at any level, custom color vibrance advanced settings ( chose to saturate only blue, or red or anything you want, that's a new feature on this Zowie, the XL2411K doesn't have that ) it's not game changer, it's just better to "avoid" color clipping on some games like the horrible RED on the ring on Apex Legends.

i cannot recommand XL2411K because i've never used it but i think somebody here can potentially help you about that if someone have this monitor.
Current temporary test : XG2431 | Main monitor : actually nothing | I've had : 1080P : XL2546X / XL2566K / XL2546K / XL2546 / XL2540K / XL2746S / EX2510 / MAG251RX / NXG253R / MAG271CR / VG259QM / VG258QM / XG249CM / XG259CM / VG279QM / S2522HG / XG2431 / XG2405 / XG2702 / AW2518HF / AW2521HF / AW2720HF / 24G2U / Omen X 25 | 1440P : XV272UX / MAG274QRF-QD / 27GP850 / 27GN850 / AW2723DF / Omen X 27 / XG27AQM / XG27AQMR / S2721DGFA / Odyssey G7 / EX270QM / VG27AQML1A / XENEON 27QHD240 / XV272UKF / XV272UX 4K : U28G2XU2 / M32UC

DV2FOX

Post by DV2FOX » 23 Mar 2024, 16:26

Sirius wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 15:44

Not a big fan of the test that you liked, the guy on the video doesn't do the pursuit test correctly, it's not precise but I thought I heard that the XL2411K has a lot of overshoot, especially if you go below 144hz, note that on his test, he did a UFO test at 144hz but I thought I heard and saw that this one has quite a bit of overshoot when you go down in FPS/Hz.
In any case I advise you to find out better about the XL2411K, I never had the XL2411K because I no longer test monitors below 240hz, I no longer appreciate them.

Let's recap, what is your use? your games? what are you looking for ?

The fluidity ? the perfect motion blur ? perfect visibility from afar ? what refresh rate ? what FPS your PC is capable of ?

There are a lot of parameters to take into account but it's simple, for me:

- Retro games, games that require 60hz/120hz and you want to benefit from the minimum of motion blur with strobing (on PC!) : ViewSonic XG2431, it is small, 24 inches therefore smaller by 1 inch (this is possible if you're being picky about that) but it is the perfect 1080p for that usage, it have also a good Overdrive management.

- FPS games like Apex Legends or even COD, still 1080p but with the best input lag feeling at high refresh rate ( 240hz ), just performance and good 240hz strobing :
BenQ Zowie XL2546X, bigger by 1 inch ( 25inch ), better Black Equaliser performance so you see better opponent in black area, good custom overdrive settings to avoid overshoot at any level, custom color vibrance advanced settings ( chose to saturate only blue, or red or anything you want, that's a new feature on this Zowie, the XL2411K doesn't have that ) it's not game changer, it's just better to "avoid" color clipping on some games like the horrible RED on the ring on Apex Legends.

i cannot recommand XL2411K because i've never used it but i think somebody here can potentially help you about that if someone have this monitor.
(Had to do some cutting to prevent wall of texts, but keeping the "ping" quote thing)

1.At least for my eyes, in that vid, the 120hz mode Dyac 2 Off OD 13 has the texts all blurry and coloured overshoot, then Premium OD 13 has some ghosting with vertical lines cutted off from such ghost

I just paused the video when the still image of the UFO was shown to compare if that helps

2. Well, i'm still pretty new with the whole detection of overshoot etc. I'm just a noob with these monitor techs among other stuff, hence the assistance needed ^^;;;

3. For the 60hz part , since 120hz seems to work slightly worse?, i thought "Maybe 60hz is even worse". Yet again i barely remember how a FPS like DUKE NUKEM 3D or DOOM (DOS) worked back then when i played em from GOG, STEAM, etc...You know, when turning around with the mouse to aim/directions. But i'm just using a 60/120hz monitor that's very old and most probably didn't noticed (until now, yet with other things like Adobe illustrator)

4.ViewSonic's flickering?...Now that's bad for the eyes.. However there's no info related to Eyecare on the XL2546X 's page..Should i be worried?

5.The recap... Gonna be a hard one here and people are gonna jump onto me..

Uses: NEW games like ALAN WAKE 2 (Calm), along DOOM ETERNAL (Frenetical action),etc, but of course not so AAA (More like indie platformers and other genres, along old as F DOS games like DUKE NUKEM 3D and similar for some day)

ALSO basic Adobe Photoshop/illustrator/premiere , then Paint Tool SAI 2, Clip Studio Paint V3

If it helps with the colouring part on a TN monitor, these 2 links are an example of my art, for colour references done in my TN monitor

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/51899150/
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/46847974/

(Yes, on my LG C3 OLED they look better, sure, but i don't want to use my TV as a monitor in productivity way... BURN IN RISK ON STATIC ELEMENTS...)

Looking for a monitor that's equal or better than mine while trying to have the lesser of problems. TN preferably since , again, IPS and VA have their worse options for dark game/movie scenes/smearing (from my POV) and OLED has the burn-in risk, no matter how much stuff changed in 2024.

Reason: My actual monitor has this white brush trail shown on whites or other colours wich i don't know how the hell happened. Tried doing a photo but it's not that much visible even with my S23+ due to some screen effects. I could live with it until i cannot take it anymore but wanted to have some assisance in advance

Smoothness, less ghosting/overshoot, Between 144-240hz if possible (more hz = more costier), and i think i already mentioned my specs but here they are again:

ASUS X570 TUF GAMING PLUS
32GB Crucial BALLISTIX DDR4 3200mhz or something (NO XMP, don't insist!)
RYZEN 5800X3D (NO OC)
GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Super GAMING OC
CORSAIR RM1200W SHIFT

I've never played APEX LEGENDS and i doubt i do that, so i don't know much about that red thing ya say, sorry ^^;

As for the ViewSonic, i've read some people that their monitor died after months or maximum 1 year... I'm not ready to be buying a new monitor every X time... It's the search for "One monitor that once you buy it and set it up, knowing it DOESN'T HAVE COIL WHINE and it's of your likes, it should remain there until it dies or has awful issues on screen, without the need to return it and do a Russlan roulette of buy/return until the perfect unit comes"

Picky fox that i am, yeah, "but better be safe than sorry"

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 23 Mar 2024, 18:32

DV2FOX wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 16:26
snip
The only monitors that can single frame strobe at 60hz are the original Z series Benq monitors (XL2411Z, XL2420Z, XL2720Z and XL2430T (this is a Z series monitor, despite the confusing name), and the dual scaler monitor, XL2420G, which had a gsync module, but which also supported BBR 1.0; basically any blur reduction monitors with the Mstar scaler), the Viewsonic XG2431, and that red phosphor Eve Spectrum 4k 144hz monitor.

The original "T" series Benq monitors from like 2011 were Lightboost only monitors.
I'm not sure if any of the TV OLED monitors can do BFI at 60hz or not.

The newer Zowie monitors only do double strobe at 60-99hz, which will visually be the same as setting the Single Strobe=OFF setting in the service menu of the original Z series monitors. Do note that the SS setting defaulted to off unless you turned it on, I think the blur busters strobe utility could also enable it this way.

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 23 Mar 2024, 19:59

All of these strobing tests from these people are so bad even rtings.

Really wish someone with the XL2546X could use CRU to tune the 120HZ for best result and then do a full screen strobe cross talk UFO Invasion so we can see the entire screen where there is cross talk and how bad.

Like how are we supposed to know if the Dyac 2 is a scam or not?
You can't trust Zowie because they lie and scam so much, you can't count on testers and reviewers because they are all so bad at testing strobing

All of these people would still do mid screen UFO test

I blame blur busters for this, they are the ones that setup mid screen UFO test as the standard default rather than Invasion cross talk so unless you are smart enough you wouldn't even know the UFO invasion test exist to test top and bottom of the screen.

Look how long the XL2546X has been out yet we cannot get a single semi literate semi competent person to review this thing and test the 120HZ everybody only wants to test the 240 HZ yeah we get it, 240 HZ is cool you know what else is cool? 120HZ because most games will never even go past 120 FPS

Even PC Gamer website did a review and didn't even test the basic strobing,it's like they are just hiring the lowest paid vagrant off the street.

What a shitty world we live in where some of the most important things are done by the least competent people.

We still have stupid people testing strobing at high refresh rate, like no just no you don't need to be focusing on strobing at such high refresh rates, there is significant diminishing return of strobing at such high refresh rates

Strobing has the biggest benefit at 120 and 60hz so why the hell is nobody testing this? for the very least 120 HZ should be properly tested using CRU and strobe utility

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 23 Mar 2024, 22:21

HUGE ANSWER INCOMING ! :lol:
DV2FOX wrote:
(Had to do some cutting to prevent wall of texts, but keeping the "ping" quote thing)
Yes it's better to do that.
DV2FOX wrote:
1.At least for my eyes, in that vid, the 120hz mode Dyac 2 Off OD 13 has the texts all blurry and coloured overshoot, then Premium OD 13 has some ghosting with vertical lines cutted off from such ghost

I just paused the video when the still image of the UFO was shown to compare if that helps
I don't see any overshoot personally, maybe it's just the quality of my phone that creates this.
In any case while playing I didn't see any particular problems and you can modify the overdrive anyway.
Then yes, I suppose the XG2431 will do better.
But I don't see how your BenQ is better in that regards, it's even worse on your example above, it doesn't even have strobing, right?
Anyway yes text is blurry, like on ALL monitors ( even OLED ) because 120hz is not enough, you need strobing at these refresh rate.
DV2FOX wrote:
3. For the 60hz part , since 120hz seems to work slightly worse?, i thought "Maybe 60hz is even worse". Yet again i barely remember how a FPS like DUKE NUKEM 3D or DOOM (DOS) worked back then when i played em from GOG, STEAM, etc...You know, when turning around with the mouse to aim/directions. But i'm just using a 60/120hz monitor that's very old and most probably didn't noticed (until now, yet with other things like Adobe illustrator)
Sorry I don't really understand what you mean here, in any case at 120hz/60hz, if you don't want blur, a CRT screen / very old BenQs which have a single strobe or the current Viewsonic XG2431 is the best choice.
The XL2546X is not basically a monitor marketed for 60hz/120hz gaming, it's usable but not the best.

DV2FOX wrote:
4.ViewSonic's flickering?...Now that's bad for the eyes.. However there's no info related to Eyecare on the XL2546X 's page..Should i be worried?
Yes, like i've said to you on Reddit (with an another name>Aquilae), strobing = flickering, some people aren't sensitive, some are sensitive to it and cannot managed to play with, anyway the more you go down in terms of refresh rate the more the perception of the flickering of the strobing is visible, all that i know is that the ONLY 1080p LCD that have good result at 60hz/120hz with less blur is the XG2431, that's all, there is no option if you only want the best of the best at 1080p and with a blur reduction.

DV2FOX wrote:
Uses: NEW games like ALAN WAKE 2 (Calm), along DOOM ETERNAL (Frenetical action),etc, but of course not so AAA (More like indie platformers and other genres, along old as F DOS games like DUKE NUKEM 3D and similar for some day)

ALSO basic Adobe Photoshop/illustrator/premiere , then Paint Tool SAI 2, Clip Studio Paint V3

If it helps with the colouring part on a TN monitor, these 2 links are an example of my art, for colour references done in my TN monitor

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/51899150/
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/46847974/

(Yes, on my LG C3 OLED they look better, sure, but i don't want to use my TV as a monitor in productivity way... BURN IN RISK ON STATIC ELEMENTS...)
But...playing games like Alan Wake/Doom on a 1080p TN panel isn't a very bad idea ?
These games are made to be immersive and breathtaking, wouldn't it look better on your LG TV or on an IPS / higher resolution monitor?
Why still want a TN panel (which are the worst for color reproduction) for games like that ?

Anyway for some Retro Games, if you want the best experience without any blur > XG2431 with a 60hz/120hz custom resolution with "CRU" (Custom Resolution Utility, software.)

Wait...you work on Paintool/colors with a TN panel ?! :?
Either your TN has an IPS panel mixed with TN, or you have never seen an IPS panel, i am not saying this unkindly but color work should be avoided on a TN! You lack a lot of depth and precision in the colors ( my wife work on ClipStudio also furry's xD ) and do that on a IPS with a Quantum Dots ( the Acer 1440p 270hz IPS QD XV272UX ) but...for FPS games and smoothness it is "garbage" she cannot work with a TN, she already tried and she can't, anyway a TN cannot reproduce beige, it's impossible, red is also impossible to shade, it's not true red.

Anyway there are a tons of IPS/VA that have bad color reproduction too and are just bland, generally 1440p/4K are better because they are truly "wide gammut"
DV2FOX wrote:
Looking for a monitor that's equal or better than mine while trying to have the lesser of problems. TN preferably since , again, IPS and VA have their worse options for dark game/movie scenes/smearing (from my POV) and OLED has the burn-in risk, no matter how much stuff changed in 2024.
In fact VA shouldn't even exist, I used the best and one of the best 4K VAs recently (the M32UC) and it was bad monitor, not as sharp, very comfortable because very slightly curved, for games like VRChat or chill were excellent but...the clouding, smearing and ghosting as well as the visibility in dark areas was really horrible, impossible to play at high level at FPS games.

I've personally never appreciate IPS, i think i have tried pratically every well known IPS 1080p/1440p monitors during these 2/3 years and i've never managed to really like one, they are generally a copy/paste of another one with no real improvement and...i get headache very quickly on IPS, didn't know why specifically even if i have some "proof" about that, like, i didn't like how IPS LCD managed their backlight/brightness, on TN white for example are always more kind to the eyes.
DV2FOX wrote:
and i think i already mentioned my specs but here they are again:

ASUS X570 TUF GAMING PLUS
32GB Crucial BALLISTIX DDR4 3200mhz or something (NO XMP, don't insist!)
RYZEN 5800X3D (NO OC)
GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Super GAMING OC
CORSAIR RM1200W SHIFT
Don't worry, you obviously have your reasons not to use XMP, plus you're in DDR4, overclock and compatibility can quickly become boring

DV2FOX wrote:
I've never played APEX LEGENDS and i doubt i do that, so i don't know much about that red thing ya say, sorry ^^;

As for the ViewSonic, i've read some people that their monitor died after months or maximum 1 year... I'm not ready to be buying a new monitor every X time... It's the search for "One monitor that once you buy it and set it up, knowing it DOESN'T HAVE COIL WHINE and it's of your likes, it should remain there until it dies or has awful issues on screen, without the need to return it and do a Russlan roulette of buy/return until the perfect unit comes"

Picky fox that i am, yeah, "but better be safe than sorry"

Apex Legends is an FPS Battle Royal.

In any case, the "ring" is an area that closes and you must escape from it, you must not go inside at the risk of taking damage, you go to a specific point on the map to find opponents, the "ring" does damage but when you are in it, everything becomes "red" to warn you that you are in the ring and when unfortunately you find yourself having to fight in the ring, at times you can not seeing your opponent because you have color clipping on the red, so it is like too saturated.

About the ViewSonic XG2431, you shouldn't worry like that, if you have a problem, after all you have the warranty, can't you just test or buy on Amazon?

The "XG2431" and the "XL2546X" both have no coil whine, you can be reassured, the worst I had in relation to that frankly was the "XL2566K" the 360hz model of Zowie, I had some more than 4 and all had the same coil whine horrible very high coil whine at 360hz.

to recap :

XG2431 :

Pros :
  • Best performing monitor in terms of strobing at 60hz/120hz, it is the BEST for these refresh rate ONLY if you use strobing and the comparison between this one with strobing and your old BenQ is not possible simply because it beats your BenQ in motion blur with strobing, that's a reality.
  • IPS panel, means that some shade would be 100% better than your BenQ which have a TN panel (good for furry's work :D )
  • Good Overdrive management
  • Good ghosting performance for a IPS panel
  • Compatible with Blur Busters Utility
Cons :
  • Can have "bad" backlight bleed
  • It is not a wide gammut IPS panel so colors would be better than your TN but not as other IPS which are wide gammut
  • Clearly not the best performing in terms of ghosting without using strobing
  • 60hz/120hz strobe can be only possible on PC with CRU
  • Strobing can be seen, mostly at 60hz, i personally cannot use it at 60hz when strobing is activated
  • The control menu is not the best, I don't like the controls, it's not a joystick, it's boring

XL2546X :

Pros :
  • One of the best 240hz monitor in terms of input lag/responsiveness
  • Good control menu
  • DyAc2 ( strobing ) perform very well at max native refresh rate ( 240hz )
  • Can be used at lower refresh rate without having a tons of overshoot, unlike some IPS/VA panel or even some TN
  • Very good black equaliser performance, which is mainly useful in FPS multiplayer games
  • Eyes Friendly with white

Cons :

• 60hz strobe is not good at all, 120hz strobe is really meh but "usable"
  • TN panel, so not perfect in terms of colors
  • Cost more
  • the remote control provided is not very precise but at least there is one

Anyway, finally, I really advise you to find out, also on YouTube and try yourself ( Amazon ? ), if you don't decide, you'll never decide, besides, do you really need to stay in 1080p?

We all have personal preferences and the thing that gets in the way here is the difference in use, it's difficult to recommend something else when I don't use monitors below 240hz, I don't play at " beautiful" solo games on my monitors, always on my OLED TV, because I don't like the grainy coating of the monitors, it destroys the sharpness that we would like to have on games or certain content (I'm team glossy)

In any case I hope that you will succeed in finding what you want, I would like someone else to help you because I am not close enough to TN except those that I have tested, generally for me TN = garbage apart from Zowie's because otherwise it's just bad monitors without arguments but I know that some rare monitors which are no longer marketed are good, like perhaps your monitor which managed to satisfy you.
Anyway i don't like VA panel like you, like, at all and also IPS but i know there are very rare IPS that can be good ( like the ViewSonic XG2431 or also Asus PG27AQN which are a 1440p 360hz with ULMB2, a very good strobing solution )

You're a picky fox, don't worry, here you'll find crazy people like me, look, after everything I've tried so far I still wasn't satisfied lol

But in two month i will test the MSI MPG271QRX ( 1440p 27 inch QD-OLED 360hz ) it will be my endgame, if i didn't like this one, the XL2546X will be my last choice personally.

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 23 Mar 2024, 22:46

Supermodel_Evelynn wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:59
All of these strobing tests from these people are so bad even rtings.
Excuse me ? Should I be integrated into what you say since you say “these”
Really wish someone with the XL2546X could use CRU to tune the 120HZ for best result and then do a full screen strobe cross talk UFO Invasion so we can see the entire screen where there is cross talk and how bad.
I can but don't have the time, besides, I don't know the software well enough and I don't personally have any use for it.
Anyway you can buy a XL2546X, open your stuff and do the thing if you know better than others :)
Like how are we supposed to know if the Dyac 2 is a scam or not?
You can't trust Zowie because they lie and scam so much, you can't count on testers and reviewers because they are all so bad at testing strobing
How DyAc is a scam ??? it's a name that Zowie use for their strobing technique.
Zowie are lying ? what kind of joke are you ?
Argue.
All of these people would still do mid screen UFO test

I blame blur busters for this, they are the ones that setup mid screen UFO test as the standard default rather than Invasion cross talk so unless you are smart enough you wouldn't even know the UFO invasion test exist to test top and bottom of the screen.
I understand what you mean, this is probably better to check the full screen because strobe are not equal on middle/top and low, on the other hand you should speak more kindly, this is unpleasant to read.
The UFO test ghosting is the most famous because it allows you to test quickly, basically without and with strobing.
These are not actually the same tests, yes.

Look how long the XL2546X has been out yet we cannot get a single semi literate semi competent person to review this thing and test the 120HZ everybody only wants to test the 240 HZ yeah we get it, 240 HZ is cool you know what else is cool? 120HZ because most games will never even go past 120 FPS

Even PC Gamer website did a review and didn't even test the basic strobing,it's like they are just hiring the lowest paid vagrant off the street.
The XL2546X is not that old at all.
Obviously this is a 240hz monitor, you don't generally buy a 500 dollars 240hz monitor to play niche 60hz games, that doesn't make any sens for the majority of people, we are a niche, remember that, everything you say about "people won't go beyond 120hz" is subjective bullshit, I don't understand the point of your behavior so no, not "all people" want to play at 120hz/60hz.
I understand the fact that you want a test for your use but the XG2431 actually exist and it is "perfect" in that regards so what's the point to be mad like that ?
What a shitty world we live in where some of the most important things are done by the least competent people.

We still have stupid people testing strobing at high refresh rate, like no just no you don't need to be focusing on strobing at such high refresh rates, there is significant diminishing return of strobing at such high refresh rates

Strobing has the biggest benefit at 120 and 60hz so why the hell is nobody testing this? for the very least 120 HZ should be properly tested using CRU and strobe utility
Be respectful, next time I'll report, strobing is useful for ALL refresh rates, what you say is subjective.
Yes, low hertz needs strobing obviously for those who search good experience, I could also tell to you, apart from games that limit you to low hertz like retro games/fight games for example, who still plays at 60hz? who prefer to play at 60hz ? nobody.

At a very high refresh rate, you can have a LOT of monitors that are just unbearable, bad and have poor refresh compliance, so strobing is a good solution, even if they are at 300hz, you can have a monitor that is not that blurry at 144hz but a bad monitor at 240hz if it is not compliant enough and if it has poor overdrive management.

Anyway strobing at low refresh rate is visible to the naked eye and some people can't stand looking at that, I'm one of them, I'm too sensitive.

In any case, if all the Reviewers like (Optimum, Bijan Jamshidi, Techless < hello if you come here :D) are "liars" who don't know anything about that, I can't wait to see you create your own site, your YouTube channel, to see you compete with Blur Busters, Rtings and all its reviewers, I'm sure we will all be impatient to see what you can do better, it will already be better than pouring out hatred on a forum, let's remain respectful, I only want discussions with all respect.

I understand your frustration but just one thing, at this point > buy this Zowie and test yourself, post your results and do better, that's all.

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 23 Mar 2024, 22:58

Falkentyne wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 18:32
DV2FOX wrote:
snip
The only monitors that can single frame strobe at 60hz are the original Z series Benq monitors (XL2411Z, XL2420Z, XL2720Z and XL2430T (this is a Z series monitor, despite the confusing name), and the dual scaler monitor, XL2420G, which had a gsync module, but which also supported BBR 1.0; basically any blur reduction monitors with the Mstar scaler), the Viewsonic XG2431, and that red phosphor Eve Spectrum 4k 144hz monitor.

The original "T" series Benq monitors from like 2011 were Lightboost only monitors.
I'm not sure if any of the TV OLED monitors can do BFI at 60hz or not.

The newer Zowie monitors only do double strobe at 60-99hz, which will visually be the same as setting the Single Strobe=OFF setting in the service menu of the original Z series monitors. Do note that the SS setting defaulted to off unless you turned it on, I think the blur busters strobe utility could also enable it this way.
Maybe he should get a monitor like these BenQ Z series ? but they are no longer sold, right?

So what are their competitors today? XG2431 ? only this one ?

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 23 Mar 2024, 23:42

Optimum tech is a SCAM, he is an early access favorite by Zowie and others because he agrees to their terms which are very strict and which forbids him from doing real UFO tests which is why his new videos no longer carry UFO test.
This has been discussed by monitor unboxed and rtings about this dirty practice by monitor manufacturers which is why they buy their own monitors and aren't given special treatment like those Kim Kardashian tech style youtubers like Optimum.

Also the XG2431 is no longer an option because of a 25% failure rate, Amazon has put a warning AGAINST purchasing it on their product page aswell. 25% is a very high chance of receiving a defective unit or one that goes bad in a month or 2, there is an equally high chance it will go bad after a year of use making it an almost 50% chance this monitor will fail on you in under 2 years.