BenQ XL2546X doubts

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Sirius

Re: BenQ XL2546X doubts

Post by Sirius » 24 Mar 2024, 02:05

Supermodel_Evelynn wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 23:42
Optimum tech is a SCAM, he is an early access favorite by Zowie and others because he agrees to their terms which are very strict and which forbids him from doing real UFO tests which is why his new videos no longer carry UFO test.
This has been discussed by monitor unboxed and rtings about this dirty practice by monitor manufacturers which is why they buy their own monitors and aren't given special treatment like those Kim Kardashian tech style youtubers like Optimum.

Also the XG2431 is no longer an option because of a 25% failure rate, Amazon has put a warning AGAINST purchasing it on their product page aswell. 25% is a very high chance of receiving a defective unit or one that goes bad in a month or 2, there is an equally high chance it will go bad after a year of use making it an almost 50% chance this monitor will fail on you in under 2 years.
Stop being condescending, you are off topic, an unfunny person who criticizes the work of others, if Optimum is a "scam" then what are you ?, what have you accomplished?
Optimum is not in the same class of person as you, he does not waste time by trashtalk other people, I am not defending him, clearly not because indeed he has faults and not perfect practices, however you are not better by criticizing him,

Me an a tons of person here don't have any problem with XG2431, i've had two, never had any issues and yet I am very unlucky, warranty exist if you have issues anyway, although seeing the reviews on Amazon US, I admit that I am surprised by the number of "after 1 year he died"

You're talking about Monitor Unboxed but they also only use the simple UFO Ghosting test, Optimum has contract with brands or something like that ? proves it.

If you know better than everyone here, then what do you use and what do you recommend ?

Let's get back on topic, I won't respond if it's off-topic.
Current temporary test : XG2431 | Main monitor : actually nothing | I've had : 1080P : XL2546X / XL2566K / XL2546K / XL2546 / XL2540K / XL2746S / EX2510 / MAG251RX / NXG253R / MAG271CR / VG259QM / VG258QM / XG249CM / XG259CM / VG279QM / S2522HG / XG2431 / XG2405 / XG2702 / AW2518HF / AW2521HF / AW2720HF / 24G2U / Omen X 25 | 1440P : XV272UX / MAG274QRF-QD / 27GP850 / 27GN850 / AW2723DF / Omen X 27 / XG27AQM / XG27AQMR / S2721DGFA / Odyssey G7 / EX270QM / VG27AQML1A / XENEON 27QHD240 / XV272UKF / XV272UX 4K : U28G2XU2 / M32UC

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 24 Mar 2024, 03:21

It is very common knowledge that he is a scam there is an entire reddit thread dedicated to just that

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... ew_of_new/

135 upvotes and tons of evidence in the thread from various users who did an analysis.

The guy is a straight up "youtube monitor influencer" for manufacturers he doesn't "review" anything, he straight up does product ads for these companies and dresses it up as a "review" he isn't fooling anyone but the most gullible.

I rather take the verdict from an entire reddit community which all agrees on who these youtube influence scammers are than a rando here.
Not sure why you are getting upset and attacking me for speaking facts.

Monitor unboxed isn't advanced at strobing tests but they are honest, they do the basics and most importantly they use UFO blur busters testing which is the GOLD STANDARD of strobe cross talk testing methodology.
They have policies AGAINST manufacturers trying to dictate how they are allowed to test monitors and they have spoken about this to great lengths about these dishonest practices of manufactures who give special early access to their youtube influencers who pretend to be reviewers.

Optimum is a straight up shill, an entire reddit sub has exposed the guy.
He did a "review" of the 540 HZ zowie and it was straight up worthless, he never tested the strobing cross talk, never used UFO, the UFO image he provided was a 2 year old image from a previous zowie monitor.

As the reddit community said his "review" was completely useless because it is exactly what it is a product ad a scam.
There is a reason Zowie and others only send their early access products to youtube influencers rather than actual REAL reviews like Monitor Unboxed or Rtings.
Far as I am concerned since Zowie started this shit they have lost a lot of trust in the monitor community and I am glad they are being called out on it.

When manufacturers start sending their products to REAL reviewers like Rtings and Monitor Unboxed who are completely transparent in their methodology and have a standard they use for all products then they will start rebuilding some trust with consumers.

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 24 Mar 2024, 03:35

As for XG2431 Amazon has a warning label on the product page that clearly advises against buying the monitor due to an astronomically high failure rate / returns. 25% of reviews have said the monitor has failed, same on newegg and other sites, reddit is full of complaints about the monitor dying either in warranty or out of warranty.
Normally products that gets this badge warning on Amazon are those Chinese knock offs which doesn't last a week.

Also returning a monitor to Viewsonic has to be done at YOUR cost and it's often half the price of the actual monitor, in other words you are screwed if it goes bad.

DV2FOX

Post by DV2FOX » 24 Mar 2024, 03:57

Sirius wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 22:21
HUGE ANSWER INCOMING ! :lol:
*Cut cut cut...*

1. There's a chance it's the phone but again i don't know much ==;

2. I know i know about the games usage on TN, but i've grown out with a crappy squared LG monitor, followed up by a 16:9 -24"? SAMSUNG SyncMaster 906BW (I'll always remember it due to the grey round button with Sonic blue power light), and then the actual BenQ XL2420T. This last one was a "game changer" but i had no knowledge about the tech until now (Even tho i still lack tech info as you can see ==; )

A reminder of my settings are:

Image: Standard (Modded later i think)

Brightness: 43
Contrast: 56
Sharpness: 5
Gamma: 5
R 93, V 97, A98

Back on #2 topic. I tried playing ALONE IN THE DARK 2024 on my LG C3 yesterday, 1440p 120hz and it worked great. Dunno about possible ghosting because i was just... Focusing paying.. And besides the game having some performance issues like stuttering/cuttings even with V-Sync off (Always off since i got the monitor!). Sure the colours are superb and all the stuff, but i play in short bursts due to the whole Burn-In Risk (I know, tech advanced, shouldn't be an issue, but pixels degrades/wears out in time... And yes, people have "OMFG, +5000 HOURS AND STILL AS NEW!)

I've seen IPS panels at a shop, like an ASUS VG27AQL1A (I think the name was a tiny bit longer and 28"), but it was placed HIGH BEHIND A GLASS and with ceiling lights on (Duh!). Then at another shop there was another ASUS monitor along LG and other brands. Only to notice the LG was a VA monitor (I think) and barely noticed the smearing on a SECRET OF MANA remake or whatever vid played in it

.........Gotta go back to them shops and pay more attention, but know that the monitors there aren't OLEDs nor the "high rank" IPS ones one would think about. I'm from Barcelona. Displayed monitors aren't top quality unless YOU ORDER THE GOOD ONES ONLINE...Aaaand that's where the "buy/return" topic happens

( the Acer 1440p 270hz IPS QD XV272UX ) but...for FPS games and smoothness it is "garbage"
"Whoops"

4. You mentioned dizzyness/headache on IPS. Most probably, FROM WHAT I'VE READ, is because of "Nano IPS" wich has "red phosphorus" wich causes eye strain and stuff

5. Not to sound like an ignorant about the topic, but that ViewSonic monitor has been a mess when it comes to the screen failure. Both Amazon Spain, .com, and then Reddit, and would not rather touch it. Sure it might be great and stuff by some but if it comes to that i'd rather evade.

There's gotta be a safe alternative, and no, that ASUS PG27AQN is 1200€ for a IPS panel and i'm lke *Echoed* NOOOOOPE....

As for the other user:
24 Mar 2024, 03:35
As for XG2431 Amazon has a warning label on the product page that clearly advises against buying the monitor due to an astronomically high failure rate / returns. 25% of reviews have said the monitor has failed, same on newegg and other sites, reddit is full of complaints about the monitor dying either in warranty or out of warranty.
Normally products that gets this badge warning on Amazon are those Chinese knock offs which doesn't last a week.

Also returning a monitor to Viewsonic has to be done at YOUR cost and it's often half the price of the actual monitor, in other words you are screwed if it goes bad.
I can't seem to find that label...And OUCH at the returning COST

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 24 Mar 2024, 11:50

^ I just ordered my XG2431 and taking the chance 75% it will work 25% it will be dead in no time, right now I don't have anyother real choice for 60 to 120 hz

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2431 ... ref=sr_1_2?

its right here if you scroll a little

bout this item

SEE THE DIFFERENCE: 24 Inch Full HD (1920x1080p) IPS gaming monitor with thin bezels
MAXIMIZED GAMEPLAY: 240Hz refresh rate and 0.5ms (MPRT) response time for ultimate gaming experience
ULTRA-SMOOTH GAMING: AMD FreeSync Premium technology enables fluid and tear-free gameplay
ERGONOMIC STAND: Advanced ergonomics (tilt, swivel, rotate and height) for all-day comfort
GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, or MOBA games

Frequently returned item

Check the product details and customer reviews to learn more about this item.

DV2FOX

Post by DV2FOX » 24 Mar 2024, 13:41

Ah i see it now. Guess it only happens on Amazon.com because in Amazon Spain it doesn't says so

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 24 Mar 2024, 14:39

24 Mar 2024, 03:21
It is very common knowledge that he is a scam there is an entire reddit thread dedicated to just that

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... ew_of_new/

135 upvotes and tons of evidence in the thread from various users who did an analysis.

The guy is a straight up "youtube monitor influencer" for manufacturers he doesn't "review" anything, he straight up does product ads for these companies and dresses it up as a "review" he isn't fooling anyone but the most gullible.

I rather take the verdict from an entire reddit community which all agrees on who these youtube influence scammers are than a rando here.
Not sure why you are getting upset and attacking me for speaking facts.

Monitor unboxed isn't advanced at strobing tests but they are honest, they do the basics and most importantly they use UFO blur busters testing which is the GOLD STANDARD of strobe cross talk testing methodology.
They have policies AGAINST manufacturers trying to dictate how they are allowed to test monitors and they have spoken about this to great lengths about these dishonest practices of manufactures who give special early access to their youtube influencers who pretend to be reviewers.

Optimum is a straight up shill, an entire reddit sub has exposed the guy.
He did a "review" of the 540 HZ zowie and it was straight up worthless, he never tested the strobing cross talk, never used UFO, the UFO image he provided was a 2 year old image from a previous zowie monitor.

As the reddit community said his "review" was completely useless because it is exactly what it is a product ad a scam.
There is a reason Zowie and others only send their early access products to youtube influencers rather than actual REAL reviews like Monitor Unboxed or Rtings.
Far as I am concerned since Zowie started this shit they have lost a lot of trust in the monitor community and I am glad they are being called out on it.

When manufacturers start sending their products to REAL reviewers like Rtings and Monitor Unboxed who are completely transparent in their methodology and have a standard they use for all products then they will start rebuilding some trust with consumers.
Last answer about Reviewer :

Like i said previously, what do you accomplished good for people on internet ? probably nothing.
Then who are you ? a random person, like everyone.

Like on this "Reddit" post that you mentionned (aka the the irrelevant website and grouping of mad/troll people's which insults, criticizes the work of a person), Reddit is not relevant at all, the "upvote" things is the most idiot things never created on a website and we ARE NOT in Reddit here, plus, this is the R/Monitor subreddit lmao, I'm not going to talk about that but this place is no longer what it used to be and it is not relevant at ALL.
Here, we actually talk in-depth, talking about people's and criticize are not the subject and not the main focus of Blur Busters Forum, about Mister Optimum, he is really fine, his job is really good and it is a really kind person, don't forget that when you criticize a person, if the information goes back to him, it could hurt him, his job is to make sure that you are interested about the product so does is he sponsored ? maybe and that's logical (anyway he never answer to comment), does he is a technical reviewer ? ofc, i understand the disappointment that you have about this kind of Reviewer and i have a little bit the same disappointment as you but the way that you criticize is just unbereable.

I just don't think that barging in here just saying "this one is bad, this one doesn't know anything, you have to do what I say, what a bad world we live on" is a good idea.
Until proven otherwise, you have only provided tr*sh words by criticize others, no concrete proof.
Optimum is also preparing a much more in-depth testing place, it has already talked about it, he is also an influencer, as long as you create content, you influence and he is not a screen tester, he never was, so why does that shock you? he maybe have some rules about review some product but have some experienced to say if a product is bad or not.

Anyway, talking about "Rtings", there are a LOT of mistakes in their testing and sometimes they do not change anything, like the VG259QM, they said that it is perfectly correct in terms of color accuracy and that it is wide enough to make content, except that it is not the case AT ALL, when you test by yourself and you see that even after calibrated it look like a 150 dollars bland IPS panel, it is just ridiculous to see that on their "technical professional" testing, that there are mistake like that and they don't even change because "it's look fine for our testing machine", like, what ?

They only do "paper test", it's more like "if machine say that is good, you can buy" but it is not that how it worked, for example take the clamping force methodology, they only use a pressure test and write subjectively about it and saying "this one clamp a little bit but can be good for hours" but...how...why ? we all have different head and they didn't even test on some people in several hours, nothing, i don't really like their methodology to "test only by machine and based on that", there are also Aperture Grill UFO test but they also didn't use that.

Even for UFO test, their UFOs are not informed correctly, there is too much red on their tests, resulting in a red Rtings square and sharper white text on ALL TNs, just because the TN has trouble with red, so it will show finer text but that does not mean that it is less blurry with less ghosting.

They don't talk either and don't have any metrics in relation to Refresh Compliance while it is a really interesting and simple metrics to test (no one does that, maybe apart from Monitor Unboxed but they didn't do it precisely before) and also TotallyDubbedHD but this one...is really not relevant, this person IS the "reviewer" that you didn't like to see.

In conclusion nobody is perfect but i will still enjoy Optimum and Rtings content, no need to subtly criticized and insulted content creators.

About sending product and being strict, all brand do that, Asus and MSI for example but like i said, that's not the subject here.

End of this of this subject i will not answer anymore about that
Last edited by Sirius on 24 Mar 2024, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Current temporary test : XG2431 | Main monitor : actually nothing | I've had : 1080P : XL2546X / XL2566K / XL2546K / XL2546 / XL2540K / XL2746S / EX2510 / MAG251RX / NXG253R / MAG271CR / VG259QM / VG258QM / XG249CM / XG259CM / VG279QM / S2522HG / XG2431 / XG2405 / XG2702 / AW2518HF / AW2521HF / AW2720HF / 24G2U / Omen X 25 | 1440P : XV272UX / MAG274QRF-QD / 27GP850 / 27GN850 / AW2723DF / Omen X 27 / XG27AQM / XG27AQMR / S2721DGFA / Odyssey G7 / EX270QM / VG27AQML1A / XENEON 27QHD240 / XV272UKF / XV272UX 4K : U28G2XU2 / M32UC

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 24 Mar 2024, 14:46

24 Mar 2024, 03:35

Not everyone are in Amazon.com
I don't see any issues with other Amazon and mine, it is surprising that the XG2431 have a lot of recent bad reviews but i've had two, no issues.

Regarding reviews on Amazon, what do we know if they are relevant? we do not know how people received and how they used their monitors, some hit their equipment because they are angry, some receive their products of a bad batch, some receive basically with a damaged box, it is not a relevant metrics and it's not 100%, only 25%, there are a tons of people who enjoy their XG2431.

The warranty at ViewSonic, like many brands, depends on where you are, in Europe for example it is very accommodating.

As I said, you are only here to criticize and bring negativity but what do you advise then ? you have not yet said what you are playing, what is your actual monitor (who must be better than all the monitor that we have)

Oh i want to go back on something about Amazon and review about that, it's like, NZXT H5 case, literally NOBODY in the entiere internet say that the build quality is bad and that there are some issues, great 5 stars reviews but the stupid issue with the I/O part at the front of the case are still here, i've had like 6 of them, all have issues.

Apart from bying yourself, you can't believe all buyers, when someone says to me "it's rubbish don't buy" I buy, when people say "it's perfect" I don't necessarily buy.

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 24 Mar 2024, 15:11

DV2FOX wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 03:57
1. There's a chance it's the phone but again i don't know much ==;
Yes, I am logically limited, especially since he is bad in this aspect.
DV2FOX wrote:
2. I know i know about the games usage on TN, but i've grown out with a crappy squared LG monitor, followed up by a 16:9 -24"? SAMSUNG SyncMaster 906BW (I'll always remember it due to the grey round button with Sonic blue power light), and then the actual BenQ XL2420T. This last one was a "game changer" but i had no knowledge about the tech until now (Even tho i still lack tech info as you can see ==; )
Why you just don't buy on Amazon and testing ? you can send back to Amazon if a product don't satisfied you ( you have 30 days ) and it's free to send back.
I'm lucky to have lots of stores where I can buy, try and return in my country.

Because yes, if you have never tried good IPS monitor nor higher Herz, how can you know?
I advice you to see some Monitor Unboxed / Bijan Jamshidi and Techless reviews about some monitors, maybe that your choice will be wider, personally I can't help you more than that.

I advise you to try it for yourself, there is no magical or miraculous choice, especially since each use is different.
DV2FOX wrote:
I've seen IPS panels at a shop, like an ASUS VG27AQL1A (I think the name was a tiny bit longer and 28"), but it was placed HIGH BEHIND A GLASS and with ceiling lights on (Duh!). Then at another shop there was another ASUS monitor along LG and other brands. Only to notice the LG was a VA monitor (I think) and barely noticed the smearing on a SECRET OF MANA remake or whatever vid played in it

.........Gotta go back to them shops and pay more attention, but know that the monitors there aren't OLEDs nor the "high rank" IPS ones one would think about. I'm from Barcelona. Displayed monitors aren't top quality unless YOU ORDER THE GOOD ONES ONLINE...Aaaand that's where the "buy/return" topic happens
I have tested the 240hz version of this monitor, was one of the worst panel that i've see, a BOE panel anyway... :lol: ( i didn't like them at all )

I think you thinking to much about picking good monitors, once again, I'm not you and we're not looking for the same thing but I can assure you that you will find better than your monitor, the one you have is nothing special tbh.

DV2FOX wrote:
"Whoops"

4. You mentioned dizzyness/headache on IPS. Most probably, FROM WHAT I'VE READ, is because of "Nano IPS" wich has "red phosphorus" wich causes eye strain and stuff
The XV272UX that i've mentionned is not a Nano IPS (they are made from LG) but it is a AUO Optronics IPS with a Quantum Dots Filter on it ( a panel from 2020 ) already 4 years holy macaroni !
And I couldn't tell you precisely, I tested a TONS of 1440p 240hz in 2023/2022 and pratically all of them gave me headaches, it could come from several things, for example on Alienware/Dell I don't support them because their coating is too matte, too strong, so the grainy effect makes it a little more blurry and difficult for my eyes to focus, creating fatigue.

For the Acer "XV272UX", I think it's the QD filter which makes the panel reddish, it's very unpleasant but makes certain gradients ULTRA EXCELLENT but I think it also comes from poor quality backlight and the method used.

DV2FOX wrote:
5. Not to sound like an ignorant about the topic, but that ViewSonic monitor has been a mess when it comes to the screen failure. Both Amazon Spain, .com, and then Reddit, and would not rather touch it. Sure it might be great and stuff by some but if it comes to that i'd rather evade.

There's gotta be a safe alternative, and no, that ASUS PG27AQN is 1200€ for a IPS panel and i'm lke *Echoed* NOOOOOPE....
Don't misinform yourself because of this user who just came to spread his hatred and criticism regarding reviewers and the product, i've had two XG2431, no issues, in few days i will keep another one to test some custom VT and for maybe replaced the old IPS monitor of my wife.
Don't rely on Reddit either, this site is a joke and you need to be careful where you step on this site, some posts are rigged with the "upvote" system (the stupidest system) and some deliberately mute/downvoted you when you spread some interesting information.

Don't forget that many are satisfied with the ViewSonic and that you have the warranty which does indeed work, you are in Europe, so you will have no problems ;)

Test by yourself and don't just rely on "apparently"

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 24 Mar 2024, 15:46

Sirius wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 22:58
Falkentyne wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 18:32
DV2FOX wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 16:26
snip
The only monitors that can single frame strobe at 60hz are the original Z series Benq monitors (XL2411Z, XL2420Z, XL2720Z and XL2430T (this is a Z series monitor, despite the confusing name), and the dual scaler monitor, XL2420G, which had a gsync module, but which also supported BBR 1.0; basically any blur reduction monitors with the Mstar scaler), the Viewsonic XG2431, and that red phosphor Eve Spectrum 4k 144hz monitor.

The original "T" series Benq monitors from like 2011 were Lightboost only monitors.
I'm not sure if any of the TV OLED monitors can do BFI at 60hz or not.

The newer Zowie monitors only do double strobe at 60-99hz, which will visually be the same as setting the Single Strobe=OFF setting in the service menu of the original Z series monitors. Do note that the SS setting defaulted to off unless you turned it on, I think the blur busters strobe utility could also enable it this way.
Maybe he should get a monitor like these BenQ Z series ? but they are no longer sold, right?

So what are their competitors today? XG2431 ? only this one ?
If you don't need 60-85hz strobing, the Dyac+ monitors are decent, if you use VT tweaks (though some refresh rates get weird with the monitor syncing or lagging on mode switch, with VT higher than 1400, like 175hz, yet 180hz accepts VT 1550 with no problem or lag). I know nothing about the new Dyac 2 monitors, besides what you guys are posting. Do the Dyac2 monitors not accept or respond to VT Tweaks at 100-120hz anymore?

I don't know about the build quality or reliability of the XG2421--don't own it and not getting involved in that debate, but yes, assuming you get a good panel, it works fine. I do not know how the max brightness at something like 1.5ms persistence at 60hz compares to the early Z series monitors at 60hz, although I think I remember Chief saying that the Viewsonic didn't have strobe LED brightness boost (the Benq's used about 1.8x bias, which was a reverse engineering of what Lightboost used), as IIRC, the Z series monitors had certain bugs with accepting VT tweaks at certain refresh rates, like 60hz didn't work with the VT 1497-1502 range, while 61hz worked just fine. Also the Benq's had missing strobe information for 50hz, so enabling "Single strobe" at 50hz would cause the monitor to fail to strobe and would set the backlight to an outrageously high current level without strobe available (again, about 1.8x) which would make the monitor power cycle due to OCP. This could be partially circumvented by using a VT tweak, which would cause the monitor to think it was at 60hz and would use the 60hz pulse widths instead of the 50hz ones, but then certain values of Strobe Duty/phase would not work reliably at all. (you'll have to do a search for this stuff, this was discussed like 9 or 10 years ago).