Got Permanently Banned by "ServiceServices" mod from r/MotionClarity for posting about how good the XG2431 is

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Supermodel_Evelynn

Got Permanently Banned by "ServiceServices" mod from r/MotionClarity for posting about how good the XG2431 is

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 09 Apr 2024, 18:46

Got my new XG2431 and was so excited to share my pursuit shots with the community, however I was ATTACKED and Stalked by this loser moderator for days on end, accusing me of "bragging" about my XG2431 etc he posted straight up disinformation while accusing me of doing it? similar strategy that Fox News does when promoting propaganda.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MotionClarity/ ... backlight/

https://www.reddit.com/user/ServiceServices/

Also he is claiming that OLED isn't limited to approx 100 nits with BFI even tho the best OLED monitors with bfi on RTINGS is limited to exactly that as you can see here via this link since only the Retrotink 4K from what I know can run an HDR signal do double the brightness.

He then deleted some of his posts where he was insulting me etc.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... d-pg34wcdm

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/viewsonic/xg2431

^ as you can see from the 2 links rtings reports 115 nits for the OLED with BFI and approx 200 Nits for the XG2431 with pulse 40 or light pure XP mode, obviously 200 is CLOSE to double that of 115.

It's a shame that Chief has given these toxic losers a mod status to abuse.

kyube

Re: Got Permanently Banned by "ServiceServices" mod from r/MotionClarity for posting about how good the XG2431 is

Post by kyube » 10 Apr 2024, 05:19

That subreddit is not affiliated with Blurbusters or Mark (Chief)
Idk why you're venting here.

Dalek

Re: Got Permanently Banned by "ServiceServices" mod from r/MotionClarity for posting about how good the XG2431 is

Post by Dalek » 10 Apr 2024, 08:35

Don't go on reddit, it's a cesspit.

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 10 Apr 2024, 10:41

kyube wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 05:19
That subreddit is not affiliated with Blurbusters or Mark (Chief)
Idk why you're venting here.
It says he is a moderator there, I was told he created the sub?

But yeah that thing is a real cesspool.

Kuscheln_Hammer92

Post by Kuscheln_Hammer92 » 10 Apr 2024, 12:23

My guy. You got banned because you wouldn't stop about your monitor. I have the same monitor but I'm not going to comment on every post bragging about it and alleging that it can match a 7-800hz monitor blablabla. Like it's okay to be excited and a permaban is harsh but you were spamming almost nonsense to a point it was more than redundant but reductive to our cause.

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 11 Apr 2024, 09:44

Kuscheln_Hammer92 wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 12:23
My guy. You got banned because you wouldn't stop about your monitor. I have the same monitor but I'm not going to comment on every post bragging about it and alleging that it can match a 7-800hz monitor blablabla. Like it's okay to be excited and a permaban is harsh but you were spamming almost nonsense to a point it was more than redundant but reductive to our cause.
No, this has nothing to do with it, he flat out said I was lying about the fact that the XG2431 with it's 200 nits pure XP light has more brightness than a 100 Nit OLED, he claimed I was spreading misinformation even tho the EVIDENCE is right there on rtings website.
OLED with BFI is approx 100 nit and XG2431 is approx 200 nit with pureXP, there is no misinformation or bragging here here as he falsely claims.

I provided EVIDENCE that supported my case you can even see it in the rtings link I posted AND chief blur buster also said the only way to increase brightness in the OLED with BFI beyond the average 100 nit was using the Retrotink 4K device which sends a brighter HDR signal.

Absolutely nothing was "bragging" or spam I was simply stating basic facts regarding this, he thought I was an Anti OLED person and he is stupid for thinking so, I absolutely hate LCD and I also made that pretty clear numerous times. It still doesn't change the fact that an LCD with backlight strobing can have significantly higher brightness than any OLED.

Zowie monitors do something like 275 Nits this is way higher than the average 100 nit OLED

In any event I still stand by my statement, the XG2431 with the LVT trick is the most impressive 60hz strobing capable monitor I have ever used in my life both in terms of brightness and clarity, it's better than the old CRT I had, although I have opted for using Lossless_Scaling App from steam to run all 60 FPS locked content interpolated to 120 FPS and use of 120 HZ on the XG2431

PureXP Light at 120HZ with the interpolation frame generation App on retro or fighting games gives the equivalent MPRT of 240 FPS / 240HZ OLED

That's truly amazing when you think about games locked to 60 FPS, console game ports etc,.

Nevertheless I wanted to warn other people about that sub is all.

Kuscheln_Hammer92

Post by Kuscheln_Hammer92 » 11 Apr 2024, 20:38

It really depends on which gen OLED you're talking about. Monitors unboxed reviewed many OLEDs lately. It really depends on the quality of the software bfi and monitor.

babooz99

Post by babooz99 » 12 Apr 2024, 16:01

Reddit mods are literally walking memes. I guarantee you it's some fat motherfucker behind his computer

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 13 Apr 2024, 09:17

babooz99 wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 16:01
Reddit mods are literally walking memes. I guarantee you it's some fat motherfucker behind his computer
Yeah, the type of ignorance in this guy is baffling who knew Reddit Mods were this fucking stupid and childish.

Hybred
VIP Member

Post by Hybred » 13 Apr 2024, 11:16

Hey Supermodel. I'm not the moderator who banned you but I checked modlogs to review the situation.

1 - Your ban was changed to 5 days (temporary) moments after. It's not permanent.

2 - You were not banned for disagreeing about the monitor. You were banned for toxicity & discussing politics. Randomly talking about MAGA, Trump & Russla while insulting members during a civil disagreement/debate is prohibited.

Everyone can express their opinions if they do so kindly. A lot of people have been reporting you for toxic behavior in comments & posting about your ban on a different forum afterwards highlights very compulsive behavior. I hope you will return with a different approach with how you handle disagreements/criticisms.

With that said here are some of the things you said that led to a moderator suspending you -

You: "The hell kind of garbage Russlan disinformation are you trying to push here? You have to be some sort of MAGA Trumpet, no one is this ignorant and stupid on purpose."

Join r/MotionClarity: https://www.reddit.com/r/MotionClarity/

Discussions of all things blur related from game graphics (TAA, Post-Processing FX) to displays (Persistence, GtG, Coatings)

Former AAA developer/contractor - community modder - anti-aliasing expert