Weird graphical issue in game

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Kanone

Weird graphical issue in game

Post by Kanone » 11 Apr 2024, 15:59

Hello,

I am currently starting spiderman Miles Morales and I have found a weird graphical bug that I cannot understand or explain. I made a video of it so you guys can see exactly what it is. It's not coming from the TV since I teste on an another monitor and it ended up being the same.
I know in the other games I play I have a weird '' cut line '', similar to screen tearing but it is not, at the exact same position than this '' glitch '' I have in spiderman.. and it's ALWAYS exactly there for all my games. Even if it's not normal, I played 3 other games on this GC and it was always very subtle and not really distracting, just like if you use RTSS scanline sync and put the tearing at the complete bottom of the screen.. it look the same but without it being tearing ( Vsync on, Gsync on, always on the exact same position of the screen, exactly the same on different screens .. ). Unfortunately i cannot take a video of this because it's too subtle to be seen in a video, especially with a phone. But in spiderman miles morales.. that's actually crazy how this problem is looking. Well, of course if it's related.. which I think it is since the '' glitch '' is at the exact same position and is replicated by doing the exact same camera movement.

Here a link to the video : https://mega.nz/file/vF8ATC4C#cILaeT6aG ... bC4xmbHs7c

Look at the top of the screen, at the top of the building you can see some weird pixelated '' rectangle ''. I zoomed in on my phone to see what it was and it's actually the texture of the buildings being '' stuck '' at this spot on the screen.. just like it's ghosting but being super slow to disappear or something like that. I don't really understand.. so if someone can help me understand what is going on I would appreciate it.. it would also maybe explain what is going on with the weird '' cut line '' I have on the other games since i'm pretty sure it's related. I suspect my GPU being the culprit since I tested on different screens.. different cables.. Gsync on/off, Vsync on/off, DLSS on/off, frame gen on/off.. but i'm not sure.

Sorry for the quality, I have nothing but my phone btw.