Can't decide between Zowie XL2546 and Asus XG27AQMR

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Tac1

Can't decide between Zowie XL2546 and Asus XG27AQMR

Post by Tac1 » 29 Apr 2024, 19:15

I have both at the moment and still can't make up my mind :oops:
I've had the XL2546 (non-K version) for years now and love it. However, I found an Asus XG27AQMR for super cheap, so I decided to grab it and give it a shot. Now, I'm having a hell of a time deciding which one I want to keep.

I can't find a website that has tested both the XL2546 244Hz and Asus XG27AQMR 300Hz for an accurate comparison. Does anyone happen to know which monitor is faster, or which should be faster in terms of response time and input lag?

The only difference I've noticed is that my aim is significantly improved with the Asus in Quake Live. Particularly with the lightning gun, I find it a lot easier to track now, and it just feel more in sync compared to when I play on the Zowie. However, I don't know whether that's because the models are a lot bigger or the monitor actually being faster (if it is). It feels like I'm aiming at dots on the Zowie. On CS:2, I feel my performance is the same. The game feels the same, again aside from everything being easier to see on 1440p.

Which would you say is the better monitor? Alternatively, for what I paid for the Asus, I could sell both monitors and upgrade to an XL2566K at no cost.