240hz QHD Recommendation + Innocn 27G1S Plus Discussion

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Saturnine

240hz QHD Recommendation + Innocn 27G1S Plus Discussion

Post by Saturnine » 04 May 2024, 16:49

First post, so apologies in advance if I've done something wrong. I looked around a bit and used my best judgement to start a new discussion here.

I really enjoyed my brief experience with the original 27G1S VA panel, but had to return three separate 27G1S units due to a really awful artifacting that seemed to occur when the image was displaying tightly grouped alternating dark/light pixels. Maybe that's what I get for trying the open-box units.

I recently saw on Amazon that there is an "Innocn 27G1S Plus" monitor, which piqued my interest, but this monitor is advertised as IPS instead of VA. I thought that was a strange choice to give this panel the same name as existing VA panel when the LCD type is not the same. However, the 27G1S had some very impressive performance and I'm curious about the 27G1S Plus as well.

Does anyone have any information on the 27G1S Plus panel? I'm not sure when it was officially released, so there may not be any available information.

I'm currently looking for a 1440p 240hz+ panel at reasonable price, and have not particularly impressed with the offerings. I purchased the Asus VG27AQML1A for $230 on a deal from Amazon, and think I will return it. I would describe the motion clarity as poor. I think the LG 27GR83Q is using the same panel, which means I can probably count that out as well. I would maybe consider the Asus XG27AQMR if it was a little more reasonably priced, but it seems to be not too much better than the VG27AQML1A, at nearly twice the cost. Not to mention, for $550+ USD, we get pretty close to QHD 240hz OLED prices.

I would buy the original 27G1S VA panel in a heartbeat if it came back in stock in new condition, but I think they may have discontinued the production. Maybe the 27G1S Plus will fit the bill? Curious what anyone knows or has to say.

Thanks!