Laptop External Monitor Wont Sync in DP Alt Mode

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
baliskid

Laptop External Monitor Wont Sync in DP Alt Mode

Post by baliskid » 08 May 2024, 11:16

Hello everyone i have a MSI Stealth 16 Mercedes Edition and my external monitor is the aopen 27HC5R_Z the ports are 2 hdmi 2.0 and 1 display port 1.4. When i connect it to hdmi it can read the 240hz even in games but when i test it in the ufo it cant sync and it wont lock into 240hz. I bought a usb c to displayport and it works fine it can also detect 240hz even in games but it also has the same problem with the hdmi it cant lock into 240hz in the blur test in ufo. When i connect it into the thunderbolt port the it now locks into 240hz and it says ready. The problem is that when i connect it into the thunderbolt port it connects to the igpu and i want it to connect to the egpu which is via the usb c dp alt mode or the hdmi. I don't know whats the problem.

baliskid

Re: Laptop External Monitor Wont Sync in DP Alt Mode

Post by baliskid » 09 May 2024, 09:42

nevermind i fixed it. just go into settings then bluetooth and devices, after that go to usb then turn of usb battery power saver

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 May 2024, 18:20

Thanks for mentioning the solution that fixed your problem -- for other people who use external gaming monitors with their laptops...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

baliskid

Post by baliskid » 13 May 2024, 10:38

another fix that i found is that you need to use your laptop monitor and make your external monitor as main monitor. after that use the extend these displays in the display setting