AW2725DF & DisplayPort Issue

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Woundman

AW2725DF & DisplayPort Issue

Post by Woundman » 26 May 2024, 22:52

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange bug on my PC. After rebooting, the first app I launch causes my mouse and keyboard to freeze briefly for about 1-2 seconds. This happens with specific programs like Discord, Battle.net, and Steam. Here’s what I’ve tried to resolve the issue:
  • DDU & clean install of Nvidia drivers
  • Fresh installation of Windows 11
  • New DisplayPort cable
  • Disabled HDR and G-Sync
  • Forced performance mode & P-states
  • Disabled HDCP
  • Disabled game mode in Windows 11
  • Disabled hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
HDMI has the same issue, but the freeze is barely noticeable, maybe half a second or even faster. If I uninstall the Nvidia driver and run the Basic Microsoft Display driver, the freezing stops. Disabling "winmgmt" (Windows Management Instrumentation) on reboot also prevents the freeze.

I’ve also tried messing with CRU, thinking it was the EDID data causing the issue, but with no success. This issue isn't a big deal, but I’m curious about what could be causing it.

Computer Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070
SSDs: Intel 905P & Samsung 970

Edit: The freeze only happens once after any of those programs are launched initially. It won't happen again until I reboot.