Is this a suitable upgrade for my needs?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
MuKen

Is this a suitable upgrade for my needs?

Post by MuKen » 08 May 2015, 11:30

Hi everyone, new member here and looking for advice on a monitor upgrade I am considering.

I currently own an Asus VH236H (the "evo monitor"), which has served me more or less fine (I am not in need of super high-end displays). I would, however, like to have better colors and better visibility in bright rooms. I've moved to a new apartment that gets significantly more sunlight during the day and have noted that this can make things hard to see on my monitor at certain times of the day. However, as I often use this monitor for fighting and FPS games, low input lag is an absolute must.

I am considering replacing it with a BenQ GL2460HM or the ASUS VS239H-P. I assume that the BenQ, being a BenQ, and the ASUS being in the same line, will still both deliver good input lag, and both seem to have better specs.

Will I notice a significant improvement with either choice? Or do any of the monitor experts here have a better recommendation in a similar price range?