Newbie in 144Hz, help with some configurations

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
rul3s

Newbie in 144Hz, help with some configurations

Post by rul3s » 06 Jul 2015, 14:55

Hi people!!

I've just recieved my new Benq xl2411z with 144Hz, it's impresive that in windows it's kinda visible the upgrade from the other one (Asus 23" IPS @60hz) but I have some questions about configurations.

First of all, I have to change my graphics card, I've read some things about nvidia lightboost it's better for those displays, but maybe this was for older one's? My question is if with that monitor, buying an AMD or a NVIDIA it's important away from the performance of each one.

My second question is about configuration, I dont like the colour/brightness/contrast configuration by default, is there any better configuration here?

And my third question is that I love FPS, in special Counter Strike Global Offensive, how should I configure it to have the best experience? I setted up 144HZ in configuration and GAME MODE1, but i dont know if better to activate motion blur reduction and black equalizer, what's your experience?

Ah! And last one, I'm experiencing some flickers in windows desktop either in games, most of all in top zone, like the image goes down so fast and reapears. I think it's because Graphics card, but maybe it's some kind of thing about screen. For example, with 100hz, it doesnt happen.

Thanks you all! 8-)