How to access service/factory menu on Acer XB270HU?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
johnsushant

How to access service/factory menu on Acer XB270HU?

Post by johnsushant » 28 Jul 2015, 06:59

There is a famed factory menu(seen on the TFTCentral review) which can only be accessed using a certain key combination on this monitor. Did anyone ever figure out how it was actually done?

This is the menu I need to access : http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/acer ... 080669.JPG

Falkentyne

Re: How to access service/factory menu on Acer XB270HU?

Post by Falkentyne » 28 Jul 2015, 07:50

May I ask why you need to access the service menu?
If it's to change the overdrive settings, they are not linked to an external overdrive gain option like on the Asus VG248QE. (gain controls white shades while offset controls dark shades, IIRC).

On the VG248QE, by entering the service menu, you could change lightboost's overdrive calibration in combination with lowering contrast, to improve the overdrive even more. (the OD gain setting was a gain, only adjusting the gain, while tracefree adjusted both gain and offset together, which let you fine tune the VG248 to get a near perfect overdrive result. On the XB270HU, the options are tied 100% to the regular OSD options and don't give any extra effect.

There are color options there, though..(note I do NOT have this monitor).