Custom Displays

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Samhain

Custom Displays

Post by Samhain » 24 Jan 2014, 19:22

There is a very interesting thread on another forum talking about building custom displays.

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to said forum, but here is a link to one of the displays on YouTube:

phpBB [video]

Have any of you guys considered this? Would be an awesome group project/effort. Not sure how much I could contribute besides opinion and research, but I know many of you have the knowledge to make such a thing happen.

We could have our dream display without waiting for a manufacturer. I would be willing to pitch in money for a group buy or kind of like a Kickstarter thing.

Thoughts?

((feel free to move this to the research forum section if needed))

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Custom Displays

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 19:59

Samhain wrote:There is a very interesting thread on another forum talking about building custom displays.
We welcome links to other forums (as long as it is not carpet-bombing of hyperlinks).
I'd like to see the link!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 22:28

It appears cirthix' hand is in this, too. (he's mentioned on page 4).

Check out the accomplishment by cirthix:
DIY 240Hz Zero Buffered LCD
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

orik

Post by orik » 25 Jan 2014, 01:59

You beat me to the cross-post c:

What I'm interested in is if we can take a DIY kit gsync modal and fit it to other displays. Or perhaphs making a DIY lightboosted screen.

The pixel screen project is cool, but at 12.85" I'd want them seamlessly in a 2x2 configuration else they'd be too small.

Haste

Post by Haste » 25 Jan 2014, 02:21

It's a shame the chief is banned from hardforum. He could have helped and push a bit motion clarity on this project.
Chief Blur Buster wrote:Check out the accomplishment by cirthix:
DIY 240Hz Zero Buffered LCD
Yes this is pretty exciting for me. I can't wait for 240Hz monitors availability. => More fluidity, less motion blur and less imput lag!
As a 200Hz capable CRT user, I'm already sold on the idea to push for higher than 120Hz/144Hz refresh rates.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

Samhain

Post by Samhain » 25 Jan 2014, 03:17

Here is a site I found where you can search for panels currently in production:

http://www.panelook.com/modelsearch.php ... ncedsearch

shadman

Post by shadman » 25 Jan 2014, 05:23

It's also very worth it to check out this thread here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1389756/cust ... 0-cost-250

There are lots of pages of discussion on these, on different displays. Unfortunately it has slowed down, but still good info.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jan 2014, 16:43

cirthix happens to have won one of the G-SYNC Upgrade Kits, and he'll be posting comments about it roughly around the next weekend or so when his major university(college?) papers are complete.

Once he's finished his obligatory comments on regular VG248QE performance (as required by NVIDIA), the NVIDIA rules does not prohibit him attempting to hack other displays with it. So who knows? (as long as the contest rules are followed -- including normal tests with a VG248QE, and posting public comments).

polashmisra

Post by polashmisra » 03 Feb 2014, 08:15

For making a unique customized display modules I think This link might be useful
http://doproto.com/store/20-displays

Regards
Polash