Adaptive V-sync vs No V-sync for CSGO

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Darkmatter35

Adaptive V-sync vs No V-sync for CSGO

Post by Darkmatter35 » 18 Oct 2015, 14:44

I'm going to be replacing my two Asus PB278Q's with two Asus MG279Q's hopefully soon. The only fps/twitch game I play is csgo and I dont intend to play many others in the future. I also play sandbox games like terraria and minecraft when I feeling it (terraria especially). Both of those games don't require high fps so adaptive v-sync will be less useful. My main question is should I be using Adaptive V-sync for csgo when I start using a 144hz monitor? or should I just stick without it and cap my in-game fps at 144? What are the pros/cons of either of these options?

lexlazootin

Re: Adaptive V-sync vs No V-sync for CSGO

Post by lexlazootin » 23 Oct 2015, 22:43

If you don't care about a little bit of input lag and want to remove screen tears then Adaptive V-sync is best, but if you want little input lag and don't care about screen tears uncap your fps.

Since cs:go is a competitive game i would suggest keeping it uncapped but for something like minecraft you would probably have a better experience with adaptive v-sync.