Problem with XL2411Z

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
JekMena12

Problem with XL2411Z

Post by JekMena12 » 31 Oct 2015, 07:58

I've recently bought XL2411Z and Whenever I tried browsing or watching YouTube video. I got this weird problem.

Sorry for crappy quality. Took using old phone.

Already tried.
*Updated the driver of XL2411Z via Windows Update.
*Downloaded the latest AMD driver.
*Reset All settings in the BenQ menu buttons.
*Uninstall Display Pilot
*Checking the cables

The problem(as shown in the image) occurs I type this thread. It can last a fraction of second to having no choice but restarting the PC. Currently using default settings of the monitor.

I'm not sure what firmware is the monitor is. (I've read the instructions on Blur Busters. I can't make it to work. Either I'm stupid or retarded. LOL)

The problem doesn't occur when I played Killing Floor 2. I'm also using R9 280x

Please tell me it can be fix. I don't know If I can return this, my country or store have a stupid Replacement Warranty

Falkentyne

Re: Problem with XL2411Z

Post by Falkentyne » 31 Oct 2015, 08:27

This has nothing to do with the monitor.
*every* 144hz monitor you use on that video card will show this problem.

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa ... ck-Patcher
•AMD/ATI cards have a design limitation unrelated to the patch that causes video acceleration to scramble the screen if the vertical blanking/total is below standard with the video card's memory overclocked or with multiple monitors connected. Skype is known to trigger this problem. Either don't overclock the video card's memory, or use the "LCD standard" vertical blanking/total in CRU.

•AMD/ATI cards require the "LCD standard" vertical blanking/total to reduce the memory clock when idle. Horizontal values can still be reduced if necessary.
http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa ... U?page=167
The memory needs to be retrained after changing clock speeds. This is done between screen refreshes during the vertical blanking period to avoid screen flicker. If the vertical blanking period is not long enough, there won't be enough time to refresh the memory contents before the next screen refresh.

AMD cards are also hard-coded to switch clock profiles when video acceleration is active even if the memory clock is not supposed to change. That's why the screen gets corrupted with a lower vertical total when video acceleration is active with the memory overclocked.

JekMena12

Post by JekMena12 » 31 Oct 2015, 10:07

I guess it's a good thing that it's only the gpu...
I'm planning on upgrading it but decided to wait for AMD Greenland & Nvidia Pascal.
Anyway thank you very much for the reply and information.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 31 Oct 2015, 10:10

Just don't overclock the memory.
Your gains are not as much as overclocking the core on those cards, anyway. Keep the memory speed at the CCC defaults.
Just focus on the core. R9 280x=7970 ghz edition rebranded.