Ps4 monitor help

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
opptii

Ps4 monitor help

Post by opptii » 24 Mar 2016, 10:39

Hi
i have a benq xl2411z!
And i have some problem im playing right now often playstation 4. And i cant figuer out what monitor settigs i should use. I have downloaded blur busters app and im sorry but i dont undrstand what settings i should use i mean its not so smooth at all when im playing with my ps4 at this monitor. So im wondering whats the best settings to use in my moniter. So its only playstation 4 settings i need help to get a little bit smoother gameplay. Thanks and i hope you can help me.

gamma ?
brightness ?
contrast ?
blur reduction on or off ?
color temeprature ?
AMA ?
instand mode ?
Sharpness ?
HDMI RGB PC RANGE ?

What is the best presistence to use when im playing ps4 in blur busters app.
What crosstalk is the best when im playing ps4?
single strobe on or off ?

opptii

Re: Ps4 monitor help

Post by opptii » 24 Mar 2016, 17:12

no one can help ? :(

i Just need some help with the settings so my montior runs a bit smoother on ps4 :( please can someone help

opptii

Post by opptii » 25 Mar 2016, 07:17

can someone help me or what ?

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 25 Mar 2016, 10:04

This question is just pure lazyness.

There is plenty of information out there about the blurbuster utility + those settings in question.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Mar 2016, 10:45

PS4 is locked at 60 FPS. you can't make it smoother.
You can read my post on strobe phase and strobe duty and set phase to 100. At 60 FPS, a strobe phase of 000 will have 16.7ms higher input lag than a strobe phase of 100, which is noticeable.

Also set single strobe to ON for 60hz refresh rate.

opptii

Post by opptii » 25 Mar 2016, 16:43

so what do you recommend for settings when using ps4 ? i mean in monitor menu ?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Mar 2016, 18:57

Why are you asking me this?

I don't own a PS4. I don't have a console.
use whatever looks good to you.

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 25 Mar 2016, 20:00

opptii wrote:Hi
i have a benq xl2411z!
And i have some problem im playing right now often playstation 4. And i cant figuer out what monitor settigs i should use. I have downloaded blur busters app and im sorry but i dont undrstand what settings i should use i mean its not so smooth at all when im playing with my ps4 at this monitor. So im wondering whats the best settings to use in my moniter. So its only playstation 4 settings i need help to get a little bit smoother gameplay. Thanks and i hope you can help me.

gamma ?
brightness ?
contrast ?
blur reduction on or off ?
color temeprature ?
AMA ?
instand mode ?
Sharpness ?
HDMI RGB PC RANGE ?

What is the best presistence to use when im playing ps4 in blur busters app.
What crosstalk is the best when im playing ps4?
single strobe on or off ?
Instant mode on, AMA high/default, HDMI range to full (making sure it's set to full on the PS4 as well), essentially default settings for everything. Blur reduction off is my preference for console games, as you're not getting the full 120 frames necessary for true motion clarity. Color temperature is up to you, but normal is fine.

Go to http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ on the PS4 browser and run through the tests focusing on the ones for contrast and black level as well as white saturation; adjust brightness, contrast and gamma as you see fit. On a TN panel (such as the XL2411Z uses), the gamma won't be accurate unless you're at the right angle, so don't really worry about that. As long as you can see all the bars and boxes in your usual viewing position - you'll know that you're not losing any information.

I have the XL2430T, so sorry if anything doesn't apply in your case.