All games have massive Frame Rate Judder.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Jbinn

Re: All games have massive Frame Rate Judder.

Post by Jbinn » 05 Jun 2016, 16:26

Sparky wrote:
Jbinn wrote: OK my newest question why when I run games in windowed mode and cap at 60fps it runs smooth as hell with no tearing and low latency BUT every 3-5 seconds it gets stutter lag like the FPS has dropped but it hasn't.
Literally the third post in this thread. Framerate caps aren't synchronized to the refresh rate, so they drift, and occasionally drop or gain a frame.
But frame rate caps work FINE if I don't run windowed mode... its only in windowed mode that it causes stutter. For instance in battlefield 4 if I cap fps and run windowed it's smooth as butter but if I look a ta certain spot on the map it stutters even with a constant 60fps with no dips.

also I notice while browsing the web if I scroll it stutters as well it's not smooth. and on newegg.com if I look at a picture and i move the viewer around it stutters and lags.

also if theres any kind of video playing on my browser and I try to scroll it stutters. Like if I play a video on youtube and play a game it also stutters. I'm starting to think there is something seriously wrong with my PC.

Jbinn

Post by Jbinn » 08 Jun 2016, 15:12

So nobody has an answer as to why windowed with a capped fps causes intermittent stutter in certain spots in certain games?

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 09 Jun 2016, 11:38

The troll is real. someone remove this thread for the sanity of others.

Jbinn

Post by Jbinn » 09 Jun 2016, 20:15

lexlazootin wrote:The troll is real. someone remove this thread for the sanity of others.
Nobody is trolling, you can remove yourself from the thread if you want though... No reason to delete a legit thread.

If I'm a troll please explain why windowed mode with 60fps cap is smooth with no fps dips but if I look at a certain spot in games it starts studdering and lagging even with 60fps.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 09 Jun 2016, 22:59

Because you're playing games on a PC.
How about you sell your PC and go buy a PS4 and stop complaining here. I'm putting you on my ignore list. You're annoying as hell.

Glide

Post by Glide » 10 Jun 2016, 07:06

Look, you aren't going to get anywhere by asking the same question over and over and expecting a different answer.
This has been answered several times in this topic by myself and other posters.
We have put considerably more time and effort into this than it probably deserved.

If you are going to continue to repeat yourself, hoping for a different answer from us, we're just going to stop responding.
This is not something wrong with PC gaming, or your PC.
When you're the one in control, it's up to you to configure things in a way that you deem acceptable.
Somehow you find 30 FPS with triple-buffered V-Sync to be acceptable on consoles yet on PC you feel the need to unlock the framerate or cap it at 60 and disable V-Sync.
Then you complain that you don't like the effects of V-Sync being disabled.
Or the performance that you get when you turn the settings up too high for your hardware and end up with inconsistent game performance.

If you don't want to deal with that, maybe console gaming is for you.
If you want to stick with PC gaming, get a variable refresh rate display (make sure that it's one capable of Low Framerate Compensation if you're sticking with AMD) since you refuse to consider the alternatives that we have suggested in this topic.

Jbinn

Post by Jbinn » 13 Jun 2016, 15:48

Falkentyne wrote:Because you're playing games on a PC.
How about you sell your PC and go buy a PS4 and stop complaining here. I'm putting you on my ignore list. You're annoying as hell.
cool story bro.

Jbinn

Post by Jbinn » 13 Jun 2016, 15:53

Glide wrote:Look, you aren't going to get anywhere by asking the same question over and over and expecting a different answer.
This has been answered several times in this topic by myself and other posters.
We have put considerably more time and effort into this than it probably deserved.

If you are going to continue to repeat yourself, hoping for a different answer from us, we're just going to stop responding.
This is not something wrong with PC gaming, or your PC.
When you're the one in control, it's up to you to configure things in a way that you deem acceptable.
Somehow you find 30 FPS with triple-buffered V-Sync to be acceptable on consoles yet on PC you feel the need to unlock the framerate or cap it at 60 and disable V-Sync.
Then you complain that you don't like the effects of V-Sync being disabled.
Or the performance that you get when you turn the settings up too high for your hardware and end up with inconsistent game performance.

If you don't want to deal with that, maybe console gaming is for you.
If you want to stick with PC gaming, get a variable refresh rate display (make sure that it's one capable of Low Framerate Compensation if you're sticking with AMD) since you refuse to consider the alternatives that we have suggested in this topic.
I'm not going to accept "you need VRR." as an answer because I don't I shouldn't need VSYNC or FPS caps either. Most forum users I've talked to don't have my issue and don't use VRR or VSYNC or FPS caps. If people don't want to help or refuse to believe I have an uncommon issue then fine move along. I'm not going to be bullied into closing my thread because people cannot comprehend my issue.

I've watch youtube videos of uncapped, non VSYNC gameplay and they are smooth as butter while mine are a stuttery mess that is more than proof enough to convince me I have an issue, also I can no longer play games I used to enjoy with smooth gameplay. Maybe you guys have the same issue and don't notice it or deal with it but I highly doubt that. I refuse to accept these crappy unsatisfying annoying visual artifacts as a normal thing and spend even more money that probably won't even fix it.

If people have posted solutions then why have NONE of them worked? why cant anyone answer my last 2 questions on why if I cap FPS in windowed I get stutter when I look at a certain spot in a game? Why does game capture software pick up my stutter while it doesnt for other peoples gameplay videos? I will not accept "AMD stutters, get NVIDIA." I will not accept. "They used shadowplay and its smoother." both are BS answers that aren't correct. Ignore me, move along thats fine I will continue to bump this topic until it's closed and I will then start another until my problem is solved. That's what this forum is FOR.

This guys frame rate is SMOOTH AS BUTTER no FPS CAP NO VSYNC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qnTcxMQyqw

So why is his smooth and my videos are a stuttery mess? Please explain. I've posted this on other forums to see if it was just me and other people commented on how unsmooth my games were playing. I figured this was the best place to go for answers but I guess not :-/

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 13 Jun 2016, 23:54

> It's not my hardware
> It's not my software

> I'm beyond comprehension.

Damn right you are!

Easiest way too prove yourself wrong would be to go over your friends house and plug his GPU into your system, Install Nvidia's drives and play on his monitor.

Jbinn

Post by Jbinn » 27 Jun 2016, 07:55

lexlazootin wrote:> It's not my hardware
> It's not my software

> I'm beyond comprehension.

Damn right you are!

Easiest way too prove yourself wrong would be to go over your friends house and plug his GPU into your system, Install Nvidia's drives and play on his monitor.
Yeah I was thinking of doing that but its all liquid cooled and is gonna be a PITA lol.

It could be hardware, could be software that's what I'm trying to figure out man. I never said its not either of them.