ULMB on laptops?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ULMB on laptops?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Mar 2018, 15:36

GitDat wrote:Wow :shock: This laptop screen is the best I've ever seen! It doesn't even need ULMB. If the fps stay at 120, I enable VSync and notice no perceivable motion blur. Like butter baby! Lol
ULMB on laptops becomes a little bit little less needed due to smaller screen.

You might not be able to read the street name labels on TestUFO Panning Map Test or the tiny text in Ghosting Deluxe, but on smaller screens this is a little bit less important -- the 50% persistence reduction makes a big difference.

That said, it will still make a further noticeable difference (when combining ULMB/LightBoost + VSYNC ON) if the laptop LCD was strobeable.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GitDat

Re: ULMB on laptops?

Post by GitDat » 12 Mar 2018, 19:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
GitDat wrote:Wow :shock: This laptop screen is the best I've ever seen! It doesn't even need ULMB. If the fps stay at 120, I enable VSync and notice no perceivable motion blur. Like butter baby! Lol
ULMB on laptops becomes a little bit little less needed due to smaller screen.

You might not be able to read the street name labels on TestUFO Panning Map Test or the tiny text in Ghosting Deluxe, but on smaller screens this is a little bit less important -- the 50% persistence reduction makes a big difference.

That said, it will still make a further noticeable difference (when combining ULMB/LightBoost + VSYNC ON) if the laptop LCD was strobeable.
Yeah, I had to slow them down to 240 Pixels/Sec for them to get real clear when I just tried it. Hmm
Cougar Conquer 2 | MSI Meg Z390 Godlike | 9900K | NZXT Kraken X72 | 32GB TridentZ RGB 3600MHz | RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD RAID-0 | Corsair AX860 | 3DMark Port Royal - 14204 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Triple 32" Samsung CHG70 | Samsung CHG90 Super-Ultrawide Auxiliary