EXCLUSIVE: We have a 480 Hz monitor!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
WolfWings

Re: EXCLUSIVE: We have a 480 Hz monitor!

Post by WolfWings » 26 Aug 2017, 00:04

cirthix wrote:It is not specifically for SE39UY04 (though I do include a wiring harness specifically to reuse the power supply). It is for the Innolux V390DK1-LS1. Probably most people who have this panel have it in an SE39UY04.
No worries, that was my reason for the phrasing that it's for the "panel in the ..." since it's such a noteworthy monitor that is well-known and often hoarded here in the US, but literally can't be purchased even used anywhere except replacement boards these days. :)

Seriously, thank you for taking your time doing this and creating such an amazing piece of tech, I look forward to installing it in mine!

Vega

Post by Vega » 26 Aug 2017, 11:29

Linus decide not to do a video?

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 26 Aug 2017, 11:57

I believe it's in 'Floatplane' right now, it's like a incentive to give them money so you can watch their videos early.

cirthix

Post by cirthix » 26 Aug 2017, 16:16

Vega wrote:Linus decide not to do a video?
There were some technical errors in the video, they were going to reshoot, then decided today to instead add corrections to the existing video. I'd expect it soon. Blurbusters has the real technical coverage, LTT basically plugs it in and tries a game in each resolution. Also, the LTT unit got damaged in shipping and the secondary input is a bit glitchy.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Aug 2017, 16:19

cirthix wrote:
Vega wrote:Linus decide not to do a video?
There were some technical errors in the video, they were going to reshoot, then decided today to instead add corrections to the existing video. I'd expect it soon. Blurbusters has the real technical coverage, LTT basically plugs it in and tries a game in each resolution. Also, the LTT unit got damaged in shipping and the secondary input is a bit glitchy.
Blur Busters beat LTT to the world's first technical test of 480 Hz. :D :D :D
(....well, outside of scientific papers...)

Blur Busters may be a small site compared to Linus Tech Tips, but we're very passionate about 'Better Than 60Hz'(tm) tech.

Even though we originally all about LightBoost, we're also big fans other angles like VRR or of "blurless sample-and-hold by brute-force Hertz", too!

I am looking forward, however, to LTT helping out on cirthix's sales because he has done hard work on the monitor and the little guys like him needs all the help he can get. I hope LTT takes it easy on the glitches, and not hurt cirthix -- hopefully they can spin it in a 'positive' way despite the shipping damage of LTT's unit. cirthix is now shipping with much bigger padding -- and improved fasteners -- so should now be fine for the long trip across the pond now.

Yes, lag tests are under way. A little behind, but we're working on it as we speak! With some help (thanks jorimt, spacediver, and others) -- we are gradually ramping up Blur Busters content, please follow Twitter/Facebook and the blurbusters.com page to help support Blur Busters -- thanks!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

mello

Post by mello » 27 Aug 2017, 07:14

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Yes, lag tests are under way. A little behind, but we're working on it as we speak!
Great ! To be honest, i think that some people are waiting just for input lag tests, before they will make a purchase :)

cirthix

Post by cirthix » 27 Aug 2017, 22:23

mello wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote: Yes, lag tests are under way. A little behind, but we're working on it as we speak!
Great ! To be honest, i think that some people are waiting just for input lag tests, before they will make a purchase :)
It is hard to have input lag when the chips used have basically no memory. Not sure if I should use a :) or :( haha

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 28 Aug 2017, 07:22

Defiantly a :) moment. Maybe someday TV manufactures will realize that we don't need 400 buffers, it's insane.

Vega

Post by Vega » 03 Sep 2017, 17:12

That Linus video was pretty painful.

mello

Post by mello » 04 Sep 2017, 05:31

Vega wrote:That Linus video was pretty painful.
It was, but it has already more than half a million views, which should give a nice exposure to cirthix and his company. And when browsing the comments, there are a lot of people that want to buy this monitor, and some of them are asking for a link. Yes, i know that Linus mentioned the name in his video and included a link to zisworks website in video description... but some people are just lazy, so if cirthix wants to get more orders he should definetly reply to these comments.

And there is another interesting thing. A lot of people are actually interested in 480Hz/300Hz modes despite lower resolutions, the speed that monitor can be turned on is highly praised, same with switching buttons for res/hz. Also, some people don't mind the industrial look of the monitor, and to be perfectly honest i also don't really care, as long as the performance is on point.