Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

AOC AG251FZ 240Hz frameskipping fix

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

AOC AG251FZ 240Hz frameskipping fix

Postby spectral » 23 Sep 2017, 12:41

So i've bought ag251fz about 2 months ago and from the beginning i've been struggling with frameskipping @ 240hz with this display.

In some of the reviews on youtube i found a comment from a guy that said adding custom resolution for 239Hz helped him with frame skipping so i did it and yes it also helped me, i've got no frame skipping at 239Hz.

But recently i found a comment from blurbusters in this review on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htpRl4FraTw
he posted a screen with a possible fix for a 240hz frameskipping, screen was from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3547&hilit=frameskipping&start=10
so i did a custom resolution using CRU and set everything like on the screen but without a success, still got frameskipping at 240hz. Later idk why i decided to change Back Porch from 62 to 61 lines (idk what that even is i just did it), and suddenly i can confirm i've got no frame skipping at 240Hz.
Here is screenshot from my CRU settings

The main goal i am making this thread is to help people that also have frame skipping at 240hz with AG251FZ. I have no idea if this will help you fix it but it did worked for me ;).
spectral

Re: AOC AG251FZ 240Hz frameskipping fix

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 25 Sep 2017, 17:15

Thank you for posting this!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More