240Hz Frameskipping Thread -- And Bugfixed Monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 240Hz Frameskipping Thread -- And Bugfixed Monitors

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Oct 2018, 18:15

For 240Hz frameskippers, you need to expose longer (40+ squares worth -- approximately 1/6sec camera exposure) to be sure, since some monitors frameskipped 1-in-40. Those are too short runs. However, you did capture multiple samples, which helps compensate for the too-short-exposures.

However, I've heard anecdotes that the XF270HA newer manufacturing is fixed.

Thanks for the information! We appreciate it.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 10 Jan 2019, 08:29

A number of Slovakian e-shops are selling the ACER XF270HA for 250~ eur...
I still haven't settled on a monitor, so might try ordering one (even though I vastly prefer Benq for their black eq, 3 fully customisable presets, universally low input lag, and overall better quality) but I have a suspicion they're still from the older, frameskipping batch.

Link for anyone living nearby:
https://lcd-monitory.heureka.sk/acer-xf270habmidprzx/#
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

tschennis

Post by tschennis » 13 Jan 2019, 20:54

There is an offer on Amazon for Acer XF0 XF250Qbmidprx, 24.5" (UM.KX0EE.A01) for 270€ right now.
I thought about purchasing a 240 or 144 hz monitor with freesync (since it is useable with Nvidia soon - I have a gtx 1060).
Are there any problems like frameskipping with this monitor?

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 21 Mar 2019, 16:01

Persival wrote:Hello, I recently bought aoс agon ag251fz monitor and faced a problem. I can not turn off the amd freesync when working with the amd r9 290x video card. It is turned off in the video card driver, and it is still lit in the monitor menu. I want to turn off the amd freesync so that I can turn on the low input lag feature. When the freesync is enabled in the monitor menu, the low input lag feature is not active. I tried to connect the video card gtx 1080 with it, this function works. I read on one of the forums that the person turned on the low input lag feature on the amx rx 480 video card on this monitor custom resolution utility. But unfortunately, he did not write what he configured in it so that this function would work on his video card. But he wrote that he was helped to solve this problem on this site. Help please solve the problem.
Completely unrelated to frameskipping, should've started a new thread... :roll:

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 22 Mar 2019, 06:35

A Solid lad wrote:
Persival wrote:...
I moved the posts into a new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5133
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 22 Mar 2019, 14:07

RealNC wrote:
A Solid lad wrote:
Persival wrote:...
I moved the posts into a new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5133
There should be a "like" button for each post :)

sternix

Post by sternix » 29 May 2019, 09:18

Hello everybody,

today I received my AOC AG251FZ monitor and I would like to know if I do have frameskipping issues or not. I run the monitor at 240hz without FreeSync on a GTX1080 and I created some pictures of the Skippingtest with my Pixel 3 phone where I cant manually set the exposure, so I dont know if the pictures are valid, thats why I'm asking this.

https://imgur.com/a/6DkOUFQ - Pictures

So, is this not frameskipping or are my photos invalid for some reason? Please let me know!

Best Regards

Edit: Uploaded 2 videos as well - one at 240fps and one at 30fps:

https://streamable.com/beyzt - 240fps
https://streamable.com/zy410 - 30fps

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 May 2019, 15:50

sternix wrote:https://imgur.com/a/6DkOUFQ - Pictures
No frameskipping seen.

Note: You do want to dim your monitor screen somewhat to force exposures longer to get more consecutive squares, but you took several samples which helps compensates for very few squares photographed.
No frameskipping seen.

Note: Videos are usually invalid unless they are continuous-open shutter (no shutter closings between frames). Most high speed video cameras are continually-open shutter, so the 240fps high speed video is useful. This is the most reliable one in this forum thread -- no frameskipping seen

You're golden!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sternix

Post by sternix » 29 May 2019, 16:52

I photographed even more after I uploaded them - there never was a skip seen at all. I even tried to change the resolution to 1024x768@240Hz and with FreeSync enabled - everything was fine. Guess the problem is solved for newer unit's then? I dont really know much about monitors though. I only found this thread after ordering and I was afraid I would have to return my unit. Well, thank you very much for your reply. :)

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 01 Jun 2019, 11:48

I love this community... everyone's so helpful and polite.