240Hz Frameskipping Thread -- And Bugfixed Monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
jensgram

Re: 240Hz Frameskipping Thread (UPDATE: fixed except XF270HA

Post by jensgram » 20 Sep 2019, 17:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Oh!

Damn -- You got the one 240Hz monitor (out of the 13 models now shipping) we haven't solved frameskipping in, yet. :(

Can you try HalfwayDead's numbers and post some smartphone photographs here? If you want to ship it back today -- I understand!

If you get a different 240Hz, then here is the whitelist:

AF251FZ -- frameskipping solved user-side
XG2530 -- frameskipping solved user-side (but they were also wonderfully fast to fix it in their firmware, too!)
XF270HA -- the one we're trailblazing
XG258Q -- untested
GSYNC 240Hz -- no frameskipping issue

I'll bump the Amazon gift certificate to $50 now. There is no expiration date -- this bounty remains good until someone finds ToastyX settings that fixes the frameskipping on an XF270HA.

XF270HA doesn't exist in our monitor lists because of frameskipping. We removed XF270HA from the monitor lists below a while back until the manufacturer has fixed it -- but I haven't heard back from Acer yet.
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? And do you know for sure that October 17 is the month that separate the bad screens with frameskipping from the better ones?

At the moment I'm looking at a XF270HA with factory month August 17, should I keep my fingers away from it?

A Solid lad

Re: 240Hz Frameskipping Thread -- And Bugfixed Monitors

Post by A Solid lad » 24 Sep 2019, 15:38

I'd suggest getting it only if there's an option to return it, in case it fails the framskipping test.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Worstylolzs

Re: AOC AG251FZ 240Hz frameskipping fix

Post by Worstylolzs » 07 Nov 2021, 14:12

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 12:28
I have not played with an Acer XF270HA frameskipping, so I am unable to give anything except a general rule of thumb. We know how to easily fix frameskipping on the AOC and ViewSonic monitors, and ViewSonic has fixed the frameskipping bug already. But I don't have any experience with Acer XF270HA yet.

If you could help us, we'd love to see if we can fix frameskipping together, so that I can update the instructions to also apply to Acer XF270HA monitors.

FreeSync does not have frameskipping
--> Turn on/off FreeSync. Frameskipping often disappears with FreeSync enabled
--> However, not everyone can turn on FreeSync (e.g. NVIDIA users). Also, one may prefer to use a fixed-Hz mode for VSYNC OFF operation in CS:GO.

But let's make VERY SURE that frameskipping is the monitor, and not by something else (e.g. drivers, software, etc). Microstutters are still visible at 240Hz, and should not be confused with frameskipping. To do so, do this:

For careful frameskipping verification without false positives
--> Make sure http://www.testufo.com/frameskipping is showing a green "READY.".
--> Web browsers can have a tough time running smooth at 240Hz. If you're not getting a green "READY." then temporarily force your computer performance to 100% (uses more electricity to prevent your computer from idling, but do this temporarily for this test)
--> Take a photograph of your screen with a camera exposure sufficiently long enough to capture at least 50 squares. (240Hz frameskipping is subtle -- 1 in 40 squares). If you're using an iPhone or Android, dim your screen's brightness quite a bit -- that forces smartphones to automatically take longer exposures (~1/5 second or longer preferred).
--> Repeat the photographing a few times. Observe how the frameskipping is happening, see how it's skipping every X frames.
--> Post these photos so we can help analyze.

Tweaks to Attempt
-- Download ToastyX CRU
-- Experiment with adding/removing numbers in ToastyX CRU. Remember to run "restart64.exe" everytime you change numbers, before viewing the TestUFO again.
-- Try increasing/decreasing sync.
-- Try increasing/decreasing porch.
-- See if number of frameskipped squares changes (e.g. 1 in 20 versus 1 in 40, etc). Note the behaviour changes.
-- You sometimes will have to add/remove 1 pixel at a time in CRU
I'd love to hear your results. It will help a LOT of other XB271HU users who might have the same issue (if it is genuine frameskipping).
Hello, i have frameskiping viewsonic xg2530. Need i do frameskipping fix in CRU if i play in G-sync compatible mode?

Thanks for answer.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Nov 2021, 11:02

VRR mode doesn't need frameskipping fix, as far as I know.

You can test www.testufo.com/frameskipping -- enabling VRR also fixes frameskipping -- but you can also add this manual CRU fix too, and still use VRR with this manual fix.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Worstylolzs

Post by Worstylolzs » 09 Nov 2021, 04:36

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 11:02
VRR mode doesn't need frameskipping fix, as far as I know.

You can test www.testufo.com/frameskipping -- enabling VRR also fixes frameskipping -- but you can also add this manual CRU fix too, and still use VRR with this manual fix.
That's answer what i need! Thank you!