Which monitor should i choose for professional cs:go?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
norbi11

Which monitor should i choose for professional cs:go?

Post by norbi11 » 02 Oct 2017, 15:10

Hi,
I'm owner of LG24GM77-B(144hz) but it's frame skipping so I probably will get my money back.
Which monitor should i choose?
Aoc ac251fz 240hz, i can get it in my country for 400$
benq xl2540 240hz, i can get it in my country for 550$
lg 24gm79 144hz, i can get it in my country for 300$
I'm really interested in low input lag and good scaling, because i play 4:3 1024x768
Thanks for help :)

lexlazootin

Re: Which monitor should i choose for professional cs:go?

Post by lexlazootin » 03 Oct 2017, 05:27

240hz is nice, and both of the options are fine. I would get the Aoc for FreeSync if you have a AMD card.

But it's really down to what feature you want to use in the OSD really :P

norbi11

Post by norbi11 » 03 Oct 2017, 08:56

lexlazootin wrote:240hz is nice, and both of the options are fine. I would get the Aoc for FreeSync if you have a AMD card.

I'm using nvidia card and i'm not interested in freesync or g-sync.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Oct 2017, 12:11

lexlazootin wrote:240hz is nice, and both of the options are fine. I would get the Aoc for FreeSync if you have a AMD card.

- The BenQ Zowie XL2540 and XL2546 also supports FreeSync if you turn off Blur Reduction/DyAc. It is not advertised, but it works.
- The early LG 24GM77 has terrible strobe crosstalk (double images) while newer monitors have more CRT-clarity blur reduction.
- AOC monitors have no optional blur reduction features.

If you're looking to reduce input lag further, the higher refresh rate has good input-lag-reducing benefts (even at same framerate). Even 80fps@240Hz has less input lag (and less random lag jitter) than 80fps@144Hz. This is, assuming, comparing instant-mode scanout 144Hz-vs-240Hz. (synchronous between cable scanout versus panel scanout which BenQ/Zowie does) -- basically rolling-window line buffer processing algorithms instead of full frame buffer processing (e.g. overdrive, etc).

I'm not 100% sure if AOC does this, but should be benchmarked.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

open

Post by open » 06 Oct 2017, 11:45

The ag251fz has significant overshoot if you use the overdrive setting on highest which is the only one with good response time.

I would stear clear of this one personally but every monitor has its ups and downs. This one just has too much overshoot unless you like response time at all costs (there will be some halo effects with motion)

spectral

Post by spectral » 06 Oct 2017, 14:53

Im playing semi-pro CS:GO and i have AG251FZ.
The answer for your question is Benq XL2540. I've used it in real life and it just feels a little bit smoother and have less problems (frame skipping) than my AOC so if you've got the money go for Benq.
But if you wanna save some $$$ and dont wanna outstand from benq also you can go for AG251FZ. I have it for about 3 months now.
First of all there was frame-skipping problem in my product, i dont know i they fixed in in newer models but there is a easy way to fix it:
Either use my guide : http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3598
or simply create a NVIDIA custom resolution and instead of 240hz you can put 239 or 238hz and both of them have no frame skipping.

Yes as a semi-pro cs;go player i can see difference between 144hz and 240hz and yes there is overshoot at "Strong" overdrive settings but when im playing it doesnt bother me you just need a little bit of used to that thing.

So again if you wanna go full pro on cs:go and money is not the case then go for BenQ. If you wanna save some money and still have a great 240hz monitor go for AOC but remember to fix this frame-skipping issue that this monitor have because there isnt that much of a difference between 144hz (it doesnt have frameskipping) vs 240hz (without fixing frameskipping) but if you fix it to 238/239 or 240hz with CRU i think you will feel difference.

A little last tip i can give you if you will go for AOC if are getting CONSISTENTLY over 220fps+ go for Strong overdrive mode if less go for Medium, that works better from what i've tested.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 07 Oct 2017, 16:05

I'm curious how are 27" 240Hz panel (monitors) in terms of response time & overshoot. Are they better or worse than 24.5" ones. Will be nice to ready user experience who used both (24.5" & 27").