Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Old Asus VE248h (on occasion, rarely) Black-Screening

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Old Asus VE248h (on occasion, rarely) Black-Screening

Postby flexy123 » 31 Oct 2017, 03:32

It happens maybe once or twice a day, usually an hour or so once I turn it on.

The display goes black for a second and then comes back. It's connected via DVI/Adapter ---> HDMI Cable ----> HDMI/Monitor

I am aware that some monitors like some old Samsungs had problems with caps etc...just wondering what this could be. I am suspecting it's hardware and not the Nvidia driver. (GTX 970). It's not a big deal if like now only happens once a day, but who knows, it could indicate that the monitor is slowly going? (I could test with a DVI cable and not use HDMI...but then I would lose sound...)
flexy123

Re: Old Asus VE248h (on occasion, rarely) Black-Screening

Postby mello » 31 Oct 2017, 09:32

It actually might be a Nvidia driver... i haven't updated the driver for nearly 20 months, and once i updated recently to the newest driver i started having exactly the same issue as you do. So i started installing earlier drivers and the one where this issue no longer appears is this one:

381.89-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe
Version: 381.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2017.4.25

So either install this driver or an earlier one and see if it helps.
mello

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More