I really need help XB252Q or PG258Q

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
nrns

I really need help XB252Q or PG258Q

Post by nrns » 03 Nov 2017, 08:50

Well they both are TN with 240HZ, but which one has better colours and stuff? I am wondering which one is better, as far as I have read it looks that the XB252Q is better, I really want to have atleast a bit better colours with the TN matrix so.. yeah I am asking you which one do you think is better?
Also I have been told that ISP 144hz would be better but I do not think so, I am playing CS:GO competitively so I need those 240hz, saw that there is difference
Also I am 60 HZ pleb but soon I will be getting those sweet 240, will be cool I am pretty sure

lexlazootin

Re: I really need help XB252Q or PG258Q

Post by lexlazootin » 03 Nov 2017, 09:51

Identical.

Same panel, same chip. Pretty much identical on screen display options.

240hz is pretty dope :P

nrns

Post by nrns » 04 Nov 2017, 06:43

lexlazootin wrote:Identical.

Same panel, same chip. Pretty much identical on screen display options.

240hz is pretty dope :P
Well, how about the BenQ ZOWIE XL2546
Also the ACER one is not in stock, you said that they are identical but the asus is more expensive.. fu.. 50 more pounds, anything better for about 450-500pounds? please!

nrns

Post by nrns » 04 Nov 2017, 06:51

what's best for about 400-500 pounds, pwease help me !!

mello

Post by mello » 04 Nov 2017, 06:55

240Hz is what you need, and as to which one to get... doesn't really matter. Prices are different based on the brand, additional things like G-SYNC, and not really because of panel performence. On top of that, there is a thing called "panel lottery", it is not like all monitors are identical and have exactly the same performence, you might get a monitor with frame skipping, more/less backlight bleeding, bad pixels, other issues.

nrns

Post by nrns » 04 Nov 2017, 06:59

mello wrote:240Hz is what you need, and as to which one to get... doesn't really matter. Prices are different based on the brand, additional things like G-SYNC, and not really because of panel performence. On top of that, there is a thing called "panel lottery", it is not like all monitors are identical and have exactly the same performence, you might get a monitor with frame skipping, more/less backlight bleeding, bad pixels, other issues.
the things I am looking for is 240 hz, g sync and that's basically it :D

open

Post by open » 04 Nov 2017, 09:55

The color quality is good for tn pannels on the pg258q. The acer should be the same color quality if its the same pannel. It may not beat a good IPS pannel but its definitely good and you would have to be REALLY focused on color quality to notice. One thing is for sure: It will beat the crap out of most high refresh rate tn pannels in terms of color quality. I can only reccomend the asus because its the one I own and have seen detailed reviews for. But many people here have said that both monitors will be very similar and this is a pretty informed place.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Nov 2017, 18:32

Currently, my experience in encountering 240Hz monitors in real life & shows, is that the 240Hz+GSYNC options look extremely similar colors-wise. The 24.5" TN panels all currently use the same panels. The 27" 240Hz is slightly different, and you ideally want to place a 27" monitor a few inches further back to compensate for TN viewing angles, but 24.5" vs 27" a personal preference.

For G-SYNC monitors, NVIDIA is typically the one that calibrates the panels -- they're really very good at it. NVIDIA calibrates the same TN panel in pretty much the same way. As a result, 240Hz 24.5" TN GSYNC versus 240Hz 24.5" TN GSYNC is looking quite remarkably similar in quality (overdrive, etc). The on-screen menus are different and picture adjustment flexibility may be different, but other than that, if you're looking for G-SYNC, they tend to be calibrated pretty similarly (well) for the same-type panel.

Picture adjustments can compensate for any bad default manufacturer settings. The 240Hz TN panels are generally better-than-average when it comes to TN-technology panels. If you're looking for really fast response and low lag, nothing currently available beats a 240Hz TN monitor at any frame rate, high or low.

All of the 144Hz ULMB implementations currently are much brighter than LightBoost, achieving approximately 300 nits in strobed mode, so if you're looking for "Bright LightBoost", the 240Hz GSYNC monitors are a great for that too.

If G-SYNC disappears as a buying consideration, the BenQ Zowie XL2546 (FreeSync) is also great at 240Hz. The ViewSonic XG2530 works well in FreeSync if you've got a Radeon and don't care about strobing. BenQ usually calibrates colors differently (more towards eSports use than general computer use) so the colors are a little different but it also has good strobing (DyAc) and FreeSync works when DyAc is turned off.

Either way, your criteria is 240Hz + G-SYNC, here are all the known ones:

240 Hz G-SYNC Monitors as of November 2017
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nrns

Post by nrns » 05 Nov 2017, 17:11

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Currently, my experience in encountering 240Hz monitors in real life & shows, is that the 240Hz+GSYNC options look extremely similar colors-wise. The 24.5" TN panels all currently use the same panels. The 27" 240Hz is slightly different, and you ideally want to place a 27" monitor a few inches further back to compensate for TN viewing angles, but 24.5" vs 27" a personal preference.

For G-SYNC monitors, NVIDIA is typically the one that calibrates the panels -- they're really very good at it. NVIDIA calibrates the same TN panel in pretty much the same way. As a result, 240Hz 24.5" TN GSYNC versus 240Hz 24.5" TN GSYNC is looking quite remarkably similar in quality (overdrive, etc). The on-screen menus are different and picture adjustment flexibility may be different, but other than that, if you're looking for G-SYNC, they tend to be calibrated pretty similarly (well) for the same-type panel.

Picture adjustments can compensate for any bad default manufacturer settings. The 240Hz TN panels are generally better-than-average when it comes to TN-technology panels. If you're looking for really fast response and low lag, nothing currently available beats a 240Hz TN monitor at any frame rate, high or low.

All of the 144Hz ULMB implementations currently are much brighter than LightBoost, achieving approximately 300 nits in strobed mode, so if you're looking for "Bright LightBoost", the 240Hz GSYNC monitors are a great for that too.

If G-SYNC disappears as a buying consideration, the BenQ Zowie XL2546 (FreeSync) is also great at 240Hz. The ViewSonic XG2530 works well in FreeSync if you've got a Radeon and don't care about strobing. BenQ usually calibrates colors differently (more towards eSports use than general computer use) so the colors are a little different but it also has good strobing (DyAc) and FreeSync works when DyAc is turned off.

Either way, your criteria is 240Hz + G-SYNC, here are all the known ones:

240 Hz G-SYNC Monitors as of November 2017
the thing is that my gpu is nvidia so that's why I do want the g-sync thing...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Nov 2017, 13:14

Follow up to let us know what you decide on if you buy a monitor. Would like to hear your fedback.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!