Which 240Hz G-SYNC monitor for £400-500 in UK

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
nrns

Which 240Hz G-SYNC monitor for £400-500 in UK

Post by nrns » 04 Nov 2017, 07:57

The requirements are 240HZ and g-sync, someone said that they are identical but...... I wanted to buy ACER one but it is out of stock and the ASUS is like 50-100 pounds expensiver :/ that's pretty much for me but I will manage it
BenQ is shitty right? The colours are terrible as far as I know.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Which 240Hz G-SYNC monitor for £400-500 in UK

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Nov 2017, 19:29

These are currently in stock on Amazon right now in your price range as of this time of writing:

240Hz G-SYNC in UK
- ASUS ROG PG258Q on Amazon.co.uk at about £500
- AOC AGON AF251G on Amazon.co.uk at about £485

Other notes: The ACER XB252Q is on Amazon.co.uk for about £450 but out of stock as of November 4, 2017. Also, BenQ Zowie XL2546 (~£450) is great for everything except default colors (it's optimized for eSports and brighter shadows) but the colors can be fixed with a colorimeter if colors are important for everyday computer use. If you use an NVIDIA graphics card, be noted that BenQ Zowie does not have G-SYNC.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nrns

Post by nrns » 05 Nov 2017, 17:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote:These are currently in stock on Amazon right now in your price range as of this time of writing:

240Hz G-SYNC in UK
- ASUS ROG PG258Q on Amazon.co.uk at about £500
- AOC AGON AF251G on Amazon.co.uk at about £485

Other notes: The ACER XB252Q is on Amazon.co.uk for about £450 but out of stock as of November 4, 2017. Also, BenQ Zowie XL2546 (~£450) is great for everything except default colors (it's optimized for eSports and brighter shadows) but the colors can be fixed with a colorimeter if colors are important for everyday computer use. If you use an NVIDIA graphics card, be noted that BenQ Zowie does not have G-SYNC.
I was really into the Acer one but it got out of stock :/ and yeah I am playing CS:GO competitively, but is the difference with BENQ and lets say the asus that much? I have nvidia gpu so the g-sync thing would suit me, ME wants better colors too :F BenQ is not that good for that as far as I know x

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Nov 2017, 19:31

NVIDIA does the calibration for all of them, and it's the same panel. So all 240Hz G-SYNC monitors are currently (at the moment) very similar overdrive-wise, colors-wise and lag-wise. Some differences due to manufacturers but it is the same panel with pretty much the same NVIDIA VRR logic (in G-SYNC mode).

It really showed itself when AOC later came out with a 240Hz G-SYNC monitor after their initial 240Hz monitor. It had much better overdrive and less ghosting.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!