Help me choose best colors and black G-sync monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Help!

Help me choose best colors and black G-sync monitor

Post by Help! » 21 Nov 2017, 20:08

Hello everyone, I am looking for the best G-sync monitor that has the best colors and black for up to $ 500. In my search I came across a monitor Acer Predator XB241YU some reviewers have found that the colors black and is close to the IPS. Thank you for your time and best regards

lexlazootin

Re: Help me choose best colors and black G-sync monitor

Post by lexlazootin » 21 Nov 2017, 23:09

That is going to be a pretty good monitor, it's the newer Acers so it's going to have the newer AUO panels, 'typically' because they all gaming monitors use AUO panels (120hz+), the newer the monitor are just going to have the most up to date revision.

You could get a IPS which might be more of your need but that will cost ya.

Help!

Post by Help! » 23 Nov 2017, 04:48

Some one have more opinions :)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 23 Nov 2017, 07:28

It doesn't look anyone owns this monitor here, so the reviews are the only thing you can take into account right now.

Note however, that for best blacks you'd need a VA panel, and for best colors an IPS. Given the thread title you're using ("best colors and black",) a TN panel is the LAST thing you would want.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Help!

Post by Help! » 23 Nov 2017, 09:47

RealNC wrote:It doesn't look anyone owns this monitor here, so the reviews are the only thing you can take into account right now.

Note however, that for best blacks you'd need a VA panel, and for best colors an IPS. Given the thread title you're using ("best colors and black",) a TN panel is the LAST thing you would want.
I know :) But in the range up to $ 500 there is no IPS and VA monitor with 100+ hz G-sync so I'm looking for a TN model

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 23 Nov 2017, 10:41

There are couple $500 VAs out there. Not sure how good they are. Examples are the Lenovo Y27g and Acer Predator Z271.

I don't know how good they are though. You'd need to look up reviews for them.

Edit: The Acer has a review on TFT Cental. It seems to be a good all-rounder monitor (good colors and blacks for movies and games, and 144Hz G-Sync with good enough response time and input lag for games.) So probably worth investigating. It is 27" though. I have a secondary 27" 1080p monitor myself, and it's perfectly fine for movies and games, but the desktop (mainly fonts) looks a bit grainy. But again, for movies and games, it's fine.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Help!

Post by Help! » 23 Nov 2017, 12:36

RealNC wrote:There are couple $500 VAs out there. Not sure how good they are. Examples are the Lenovo Y27g and Acer Predator Z271.

I don't know how good they are though. You'd need to look up reviews for them.

Edit: The Acer has a review on TFT Cental. It seems to be a good all-rounder monitor (good colors and blacks for movies and games, and 144Hz G-Sync with good enough response time and input lag for games.) So probably worth investigating. It is 27" though. I have a secondary 27" 1080p monitor myself, and it's perfectly fine for movies and games, but the desktop (mainly fonts) looks a bit grainy. But again, for movies and games, it's fine.
Acer Predator Z271 = 619$ , and Lenovo Y27g is a very bad monitor, lots of users write about pixel inversion, ghosting, clouding even you can see it on some youtube videos. That is why I am looking for the best (colors and black) monitor TN, 100+Hz, G-sync to $ 500