Samsung C24F73

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
sshisui

Samsung C24F73

Post by sshisui » 25 Nov 2017, 09:43

Hi I'm new to BB
I'm close to upgrade my Asus VE248H. I'm looking for a panel around 250€ (less than 300€ in general). A friend told me that for a low price range a VA panel is still ok in terms of latency/colours. The main use is for FPS gaming, but since I'm upgrading it'd be nice to have a better quality for movies.
What do you think is the best option for this price?
Asus VG248qe [264 €]
Samsung C24F73 [269 €]
else...
the BenQ XL2411 is now at 311€. Would it be a better solution ?

My GPU is an Asus nVidia gtx 670 DirectCUII [pic]
so no FreeSync, which however I would not use as I need more FPS ingame.
I read that the Samsung is a fixed version of the C24F70 and a guy on youtube wrote this:
Gerard_22 wrote:Do you recommend it over a TN 1080p 144hz display?
Yuriy wrote:I ask this question my self :) I've tried Viewsonic xg2401and I really loved it BUT the gamma was terrible and I couldn't fix it no matter what I tried. And I think all TNs in that category have this issue since they all use the same panel. This resulted in that washed out look especially on texts which looked very thin and pale. I was constantly adjusting something but I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted, TN vertical gamma shift didn't help either. In FPS online games it was very good though, the response time was instant like on a CRT. And photo editing was very good for some reason as well. CFG73 feels a tiny bit slower in FPS but it hasn't affected my accuracy at all I think. In a nutshell, if you want the fastest possible display for FPS games or can live with not optimal gamma (some people can) I'd get a TN. If you want browsing, movies, youtube, working with texts, reading, playing single player games with deep blacks as well as online FPS but not professionally, you might get a CFG73. Keep in mind CFG73 is bad for photo editing IMO and it shows some scan lines, which you might notice from time to time. Or you can wait for Viewsonic XG2402 since It has gamma settings in menu, if it fixes xg2401gamma it would probably make an excelent display which I might get later on

Do you know about any issues with this monitor ?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Samsung C24F73

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2017, 12:28

sshisui wrote: Asus VG248qe [264 €]
Samsung C24F73 [269 €]
else...
the BenQ XL2411 is now at 311€. Would it be a better solution ?
The Acer GN246HL does everything the VG248QE does, but for much cheaper -- less than 200 Euro on Amazon. Also as a bonus, it has LIghtBoost too (an early motion blur reduction mode) and is easier to turn on/off -- no strobelight-setup needed, just use strobelight executable right away as its LightBoost is pre-unlocked. The VG248QE is famous for being a really popular LightBoost monitor, but the GN246HL is hugely cheaper with the same quality panel.

However, if you're wanting the better colors and contrast of VA to also be good for movies too -- then I believe that the C24F73 is the improved version of the C24F70. The C24F70 and C24F73 also both have a blur reduction mode too (similar to LightBoost).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sshisui

Re: Samsung C24F73

Post by sshisui » 27 Nov 2017, 15:54

Ok, I'll go for the Samsung as I planned and see if it's ok