samsung 144hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
alexbb

samsung 144hz

Post by alexbb » 27 Nov 2017, 21:33

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about this monitor?

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/pro ... g50fqnxza/

I've been looking for a new monitor to upgrade my 120hz (vg236) and this one is currently on sale, it seems to be
more expensive than most monitors, I'm trying to understand what's so special about this one? The stats seem pretty standard to me.

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: samsung 144hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Nov 2017, 23:59

The Samsung SHG50 is a business-market version of a Samsung gaming monitor -- it is little different from the 144Hz gaming monitors, but rebranded for the business market. High-Hz can reduce screen latency for motion-critical / lag-critical applications (e.g. real time stock data) so the manufacturers are finding new non-gaming uses for "Better Than 60Hz" technology. But it inherently probably does not have lower lag than the gaming monitor variants.

If you bought it already, try it out and let us know how it works!

If not, you can get much cheaper 144Hz elsewhere; as low as under $200:
I searched for the low Cyber Monday prices and created a quick "Blur Busters Low Price Recommendations" for the 2017 Holidays
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

alexbb

Re: samsung 144hz

Post by alexbb » 28 Nov 2017, 00:38

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm from Canada and the prices are in Canadian dollars, lol.

I have bought the Samsung monitor but have not opened it yet. It was on sale for 350 CAD, with a 200 dollars in price
reduction, hard to believe to be honest. I'm still undecided to whether I want to keep this one or get something that has been proven to work, like the BENQ or ASUS 144 hz.