Acer Predator XB241YU antiglare layer removal?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Ronkde

Acer Predator XB241YU antiglare layer removal?

Post by Ronkde » 29 Nov 2017, 00:00

Has anybody done this to their XB241YU?

The antiglare layer on this one is way too extreme and looks like the screen is dirty all the time. My earlier monitor didnt have this issue even though it has an ag layer also.

This monitor has thin bezel and I can see the edges of the layer without taking the monitor apart at all, this would make the project slightly easier. I know I need to apply a protective layer to make the screen easier to clean and less resistant to scratches, dont really want to screw with the polarizing layer. Any experiences on a good clear protector which doesnt effect image quality? The ones found on photodon any good?

I know how to do the removal but I just want to ask if anybody has done it to this monitor because I dont want to find out the layer is so well attached to the monitor I just end up breaking it.

Ive also thought about trying to polish the antiglare layer, on that im even less educated...