suggested monitor resolution 1920x1080 help me pls :(((

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
cheminallana

suggested monitor resolution 1920x1080 help me pls :(((

Post by cheminallana » 02 Dec 2017, 08:53

i have benq 2540 monitör . "suggested monitor resolution 1920x1080" 1-2 second black screen . help me plssss :(((

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: suggested monitor resolution 1920x1080 help me pls :(((

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Dec 2017, 10:17

Windows Desktop? Please go to "Change display settings" and make sure it's 1920x1080

Games? Please go into the game menu's and change resolution.

Did you ever do any tweaks (e.g. CRU)?

I can help you better if you provide more information, photographs, and detailed info. Sometimes there are 100 possible answers to a very brief question. There are many monitors, quirks, and solutions.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

cheminallana

Post by cheminallana » 02 Dec 2017, 13:19

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Windows Desktop? Please go to "Change display settings" and make sure it's 1920x1080

Games? Please go into the game menu's and change resolution.

Did you ever do any tweaks (e.g. CRU)?

I can help you better if you provide more information, photographs, and detailed info. Sometimes there are 100 possible answers to a very brief question. There are many monitors, quirks, and solutions.
bro i have display port beacause 240 hz . i play profesyonel csgo player . 1920 no problem but i play very performance csgo 1024... 2-3 second black screen after popup "suggested monitor resolution 1920x1080" pls help me broo :(

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Dec 2017, 16:10

Aha, monitor is complaining about using 1024x768
I realize your first language is probably not English, but:

Message disappears after 2 seconds and things are okay.
If it is making it hard to begin a match, then....
Two solutions.
Pick one.

- Turn on GPU scaling in NVIDIA Control Panel. Depending on the monitor, it may have more lag or less lag. (In occasional cases, the scaler in the monitor is more laggy, and in other cases, the GPU scaler is more laggy). Test both ways for preferred aim feel.

*OR*

- If you frequent Alt-Tab to Windows, or game does many mode switches, then switch Windows to 1024x768 too at the same Hz. Then the popup won't repeatedly appear. That way, entering and exiting game won't have the annoying effect. You could do this at the beginning of a competitive day and go back to 1080p at the end.

At the moment, some of the 240Hz monitors *might* be less laggy with 1080p than with 1024x768 due to scaling lag, except for monitors with line-buffered scaling. Given a fast GPU (GTX 1080 Ti), you are CPU/network limited in CS:GO so the increase in resolution becomes "free". No lag increases!! Unlike yesterday slower GPU.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!