Tablets (Preferably "Better Than 60Hz")

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
petchorin

Tablets (Preferably "Better Than 60Hz")

Post by petchorin » 06 Dec 2017, 23:10

Good morning everyone !

I'm looking for a portable device, some kind of tablet that offers nice graphics (refresh rate, no ghosting, no blur, no artefacts) just in order to watch movies up to 1080p and listen to rather good quality music on it without headphones (Yeah, I know how that sounds :mrgreen: ). It has to be 500 GB or even 1 terabyte if possible, and 1280p large for 720p high if not 1920/1080p. Would you know of any ? I plan to watch my old movies and songs on it. I got most of those file come from torrent, they are either mkv, avi, mp4, dvd rip etc...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Tablets (Preferably "Better Than 60Hz")

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Dec 2017, 21:10

If price is no question -- and minimal motion blur is numero uno priority in a tablet/phablet -- then:

Option 1:
New 120Hz iPads. They are the lowest-ghosting tablets I've currently seen, and they have wonderful color.

Option 2:
Samsung Galaxy S8 (or another GearVR-compatible smartphone) hacked to run in GearVR low-persistence strobed mode. Normally for virtual reality, it works in general purpose use as well. "LightBoost" / "ULMB" style motion blur reduction on a smartphone!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

petchorin

Re: Tablets (Preferably "Better Than 60Hz")

Post by petchorin » 14 Dec 2017, 04:11

Thank you Chief !