Cant access https://www.blurbusters.com/

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chaps2

Cant access https://www.blurbusters.com/

Post by Chaps2 » 09 Dec 2017, 19:29

Hello there,

When i try to connect to https://www.blurbusters.com/ since 1 week or 2 i get this error :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If i use a proxy i can browse this site no problem.
I noticed i could not connect to it shortly after i had to reset my password on the site. Previously my only activity to the website was 2 comments.

I have to know what is going on as i fear my PC could have been compromised. Since i bought my GTX 1080 Ti i had massive tearing so i sent it back and refunded it thinking it was a faulty GPU. I pluged my old GPU back and the massive tearing/mouse lag is still there even with perfectly stable 250fps. I tried TONS and TONS of tweaks/modifications etc. i tested something like around 100+ stuff to fix this, different win10 versions, differents Nvidia drivers, different mouse, many MANY software tweaks, BIOS/UEFI versions. Again the only thing that i had changed in my PC was the GPU and now with my old one i have the same problem. Previously before buying 1080 Ti my games were silky smooth.

Playing on 144Hz fast FPS games feels like realy REALY bad right now. Could this be something like the motherboard geting faulty just as i switched GPU? I take VERY MUCH care of my hardware and did nothing wrong to it so its realy wierd.

Now the only two things i did BEFORE changing GPU was trying a pirated Noone Lives Forever 1 and 2 and Soldier of Fortune 1 because thoose damn games are not sold anywhere on earth now and they dont work properly on newer systems.
The only other thing i can think of is the massive Intel Management Engine vulnerability... that i updated and fixed normaly but maybe my system is compromised? Intel tool is telling me i am safe now.

I am thinking its a hardware issu. Could this be the BenQ 144Hz monitor starting to give up just as i switched GPU? Would be realy wierd coincidence.

Thanks to anyone who will read this.
Cordialy.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Cant access https://www.blurbusters.com/

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Dec 2017, 19:45

Chaps2 wrote:Clear your cache and try again. There's minor glitches that seem to be fixed now.

We upgraded hosting again on a dedicated server recently (BlurBusters should be a bit faster too...)
Clear your cache and try again. There's minor glitches that seem to be fixed now.

We upgraded hosting again on a dedicated server recently (BlurBusters should be a bit faster too...)
Chaps2 wrote:I have to know what is going on as i fear my PC could have been compromised. Since i bought my GTX 1080 Ti i had massive tearing so i sent it back and refunded it thinking it was a faulty GPU. I pluged my old GPU back and the massive tearing/mouse lag is still there even with perfectly stable 250fps. I tried TONS and TONS of tweaks/modifications etc. i tested something like around 100+ stuff to fix this, different win10 versions, differents Nvidia drivers, different mouse, many MANY software tweaks, BIOS/UEFI versions. Again the only thing that i had changed in my PC was the GPU and now with my old one i have the same problem. Previously before buying 1080 Ti my games were silky smooth.
It's probably not the monitor, but try:
- Swap ports (DisplayPort/HDMI). DisplayPort versus HDMI might have different lagfeel
- Turn off multimonitor temporarily. Don't mix 60Hz monitors with 144Hz monitors, the 60Hz can lag your 144Hz.
- Verify you use native resolution (not scaled resolution). Also, try turning ON/OFF GPU scaling. Sometimes that's less laggy than a monitor's scaler (sometimes not) -- the common advice varies quite a bit.

I doubt it is the monitor, can you tell me what happened when you tried:

Quick:
- Complete driver uninstall. Go to Device Manager and Add/Remove Software. Remove everything you don't need.
- Verify that all devices are up to date.
- Verify fans & temperatures; you might have thermal throttling that gives you random slowdowns.
- Don't install NVInspector

Long:
- OS reinstall. Alas. Especially if your Windows install is fairly old
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!