5 months artifacting

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Bluffergod

Re: 5 months artifacting

Post by Bluffergod » 09 Jan 2018, 01:21

Chief Blur Buster wrote:No. Definitely not the monitor. Waste of time to chase that troubleshooting path. If the store keeps insisting, show them this forum thread and they'll now agree it's not the monitor.

Everytime I've seen this artifact, it's always somewhere between the game and the GPU. Game bug, GPU overheat, overclocking, corrupted game install, memory timings issue, etc. Yes, it can be software -- like a game bug that only happens at certain frame rates.

For PUBG, does this ever happen when you use VSYNC ON or FastSync?
oh and yes it happens with vsynch on and fast synch, i played with all the nivida settings

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jan 2018, 01:36

Did you ever try a different motherboard?

When artifacting like this is not caused by defective GPU or overheated GPU, there are zillions of reasons why it can be caused. One person fixed it by motherboard replacement. Another was blamed on a game bug. Yet another were memory timings. It's so tough to figure out, alas. Very, very hairpulling when it's caused by something else other than a common GPU overheat problem.

But in the thousands of times this happened, it never was the monitor. Definitely not the monitor when it is triangular-shaped stuff. (Monitor corruptions are shaped very differently)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Bluffergod

Post by Bluffergod » 09 Jan 2018, 01:45

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Did you ever try a different motherboard?

When artifacting like this is not caused by defective GPU or overheated GPU, there are zillions of reasons why it can be caused. One person fixed it by motherboard replacement. Another was blamed on a game bug. Yet another were memory timings. It's so tough to figure out, alas. Very, very hairpulling when it's caused by something else other than a common GPU overheat problem.

But in the thousands of times this happened, it never was the monitor. Definitely not the monitor when it is triangular-shaped stuff. (Monitor corruptions are shaped very differently)
I havn't changed motherboard, im not an expert. idk how and I don't have an extra one to change and test with.

The local shop I went to are computer technicians ofc, assuming what you're saying is 100% true...how do they don't know this shit when its their job?

I live in a very small city though.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jan 2018, 01:53

Bluffergod wrote:The local shop I went to are computer technicians ofc, assuming what you're saying is 100% true...how do they don't know this shit when its their job?
Oh, they just didn't have enough info -- the problem is extremely hard to capture for anybody.

The thing is, very few people know how to screenshot this problem for closer analysis. It's extremely hard for anybody, meaning you have to spend lots of time trying to do it via video instead and then framegrabbing from video frames instead. If they thought that "It doesn't ever show up in screenshots", which led them down the wrong assumption. It IS screenshottable, just extremely hard to do so.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Bluffergod

Post by Bluffergod » 09 Jan 2018, 02:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Bluffergod wrote:The local shop I went to are computer technicians ofc, assuming what you're saying is 100% true...how do they don't know this shit when its their job?
Oh, they just didn't have enough info -- the problem is extremely hard to capture for anybody.

The thing is, very few people know how to screenshot this problem for closer analysis. It's extremely hard for anybody, meaning you have to spend lots of time trying to do it via video instead and then framegrabbing from video frames instead. If they thought that "It doesn't ever show up in screenshots", which led them down the wrong assumption. It IS screenshottable, just extremely hard to do so.
I gave the same video I gave you to them to watch ++ I got my steam on auto login so they could test on my account in pubg to make sure they can troubleshoot the problem

So thats not enough info?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jan 2018, 04:13

Bluffergod wrote:I gave the same video I gave you to them to watch ++ I got my steam on auto login so they could test on my account in pubg to make sure they can troubleshoot the problem

So thats not enough info?
It has to be freezeframed to be inspected well. Get them to look again at the static frames, perhaps.