LG 27GK750F-B - 240Hz, 27" 1ms Blur reduction, Freesync

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
IronPlasma

Re: LG 27GK750F-B - 240Hz, 27" 1ms Blur reduction, Freesync

Post by IronPlasma » 07 Jul 2018, 21:20

A Solid lad wrote: From that experience I can conclude that motion on the Benq XL2740 appears more clean than it does on the LG 27GK750F-B.
Hey Solid, can you or the Chief confirm if the Benq XL2740 supports Freesync/AdaptiveSync? Maybe in a service menu somewhere? I can't find confirmation anywhere, but it would be quite an oversight if it did not since it seems that the hardware support is there so hopefully the firmware allows it to be enabled. Really looking forward to some in depth reviews on this monitor. Thanks for posting your first impressions as well.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 08 Jul 2018, 02:42

I'm glad you found my post(s) useful.
Unfortunately, I don't have an AMD card to try and force freesync on with... and I'm not sure whether Chief has this monitor at all, as of now... :/
I'll try to cover things in my review, which other reviewers tend to leave out... motion blur, how responsive it feels...compared to other high refresh rate screens (most reviewers only compare the monitor in question to 60hz 5ms gtg monitors and of course even the most sluggish 144hz screen will feel amazing compared to that... that's how people get mislead into thinking they should buy X,Y,Z monitor, because some inexperienced first time high refresh rate user casual claimed it to be the BeSt MoNiTeR EvuR, without trying any other high refresh screen ever...), every OSD option shown, default 240hz timings shown, quirks with the monitor, etc.

But unfortunately, I won't be able to measure signal processing lag, response times or color accuracy...the latter wouldn't be that much of a problem, as my reviews are meant for people who buy the monitor mostly for competitive shooters, and don't really care about color accuracy, as long as it's decent, but the fact that I'll only be able to tell you how responsive it feels and how clear pixel transitions look means that the credibility of my review won't be high in many people's eyes, so the usefullness of what I say will depend on how much you trust my experience and opinion... but that's just how it is with a lot of things in life.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

ericl

Post by ericl » 09 Jul 2018, 21:39

As far as I know the XL2740 doesn't support Freesync (and I never used it on the monitor) because we're running a GTX 1080 and easy to run games so we're getting a constant 240 FPS. BenQ seems to want to do their own thing when it comes to monitor technology. As you mentioned though, there should be a way because I believe the hardware should support it.

And to the other guy, I was competing in the WCG qualifiers (World Cyber Games) for Korea in 2001 in Counter-Strike. My friends/teammates, on team LnD, won the world championship that year in South Korea ($40,000 prize pool. Back in 2001, this was a big deal, now it's a joke.) We started paving the way for professional gamers back when people didn't know you could make money playing video games. So please, stop with the insults because there's always a bigger fish and no one cares.

Edit: Just looked it up, it's here: https://liquipedia.net/counterstrike/World_Cyber_Games
Last edited by ericl on 10 Jul 2018, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jul 2018, 21:55

The Counter-Strike original game from 2000!

The one that came before CS:GO ("Global Offensive") one.

Some people today don't even know that CounterStrike exists -- that original CounterStrike game was released before some younger CS:GO players today were born! 2000 vs 2018 is a full generation apart...

Man, the olden days.

I had a 3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI around then. The GTX Titan of the era. Having an ADSL connection in 1997 meant I was called a LPB ("Low Ping Bastard") in GLQuake.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Jul 2018, 23:51

You kind of skipped Counter-Strike Source and Counter-Strike Condition Zero there ;-)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

ericl

Post by ericl » 10 Jul 2018, 10:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:The Counter-Strike original game from 2000!

The one that came before CS:GO ("Global Offensive") one.

Some people today don't even know that CounterStrike exists -- that original CounterStrike game was released before some younger CS:GO players today were born! 2000 vs 2018 is a full generation apart...

Man, the olden days.

I had a 3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI around then. The GTX Titan of the era. Having an ADSL connection in 1997 meant I was called a LPB ("Low Ping Bastard") in GLQuake.
I was never an LPB until I got my cable modem in 2002'ish but by that time it was too late. We were the rank #1 HPB team (Blood Brothers) in Q1 CTF on the East coast though. Fun times.

I played against Fatal1ty (who funny enough, got his own branding deal for years), Thresh (The guy who won the Ferrari), CZM (continued being a pro for a long time) and QXC (Who has a brand of mousepads that I still use). That was all quake.

Back to CS, I used to compete against Steel (Yes, who inspired the whole Steelseries brand) back in the day back when we had divisions like CAL-I. Fun times however I think I just sidetracked the thread ;)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Jul 2018, 14:39

This still deserves to be a topic discussed on here, so I'll just transfer these posts to a new thread.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 10 Jul 2018, 15:01

Frankly, I regret how I said the things that I did...
I was upset by how more and more people were seemingly praising one monitor, which performs worse than the other... without even giving a proper chance for that other one to shine.

As for the original CS, I'm not one of the kids that you've mentioned Mark. (My real name is Gerard, by the way.)
Although I'm not like ericl either...
I've first played CS in 2006, but only played on the weekends...didn't take it seriously.
After one year, I switched to source...while 1.6 was just "alright" for me, I fell instantly in love with source. (Due partly to the fact that most source servers were pretty vanilla with reasonable player counts...as opposed to 1.6's servers, which mostly consisted of 16v16 auto bhop enabled, plugin flooded messes...
I always preferred the more family-like vibe of low player count public source servers, on which games resembled actual matches, aside from the fact that alltalk was enabled.)
I continued playing on the weekends and in my spare time, when my brother wasn't at home. (family pc)
It was only in 2010 when I received the family PC and I could begin pouring thousands of hours into CS:S... making my custom player config, which got pretty popular for what it was, and configuring servers... so that I would gain free and absolute control over them in return for my work from the server's owners. >:^)
I started playing GO in the beta, but didn't really like it... though I still played/play it for 2k hours...
Never really stopped playing Source, up until recently... I still love the game, but the hungarian community became so scarce and toxic, filled with cheaters, that I couldn't bear to continue playing with them...

BUT ANYWAY, as you said, no one cares. And you achieved way more than me, just by being there at WCG 2001, not to mention all the other things.
I just wanted to share my story briefly... in case there is somebody who does care a little bit.

Is there any chance you remember KODIAK from wcg 2001?
He was there with a hungarian team called F0p.
(which team later spanked 3d on prodigy on T side...that was pretty much the only really notable thing they did though)
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Tom55

Post by Tom55 » 30 Jul 2018, 14:01

So I get this kind of stuttering at 240hz with MBR enabled. Has anyone similar problem or does somebody know how to solve this? At 144hz there is no problem.
phpBB [video]

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 01 Aug 2018, 06:10

Yes, it was mentioned in a thread. You need to force your display to use exact 239,760hz via CRU. For some reason its default 240hz resolution may be 239,759hz and display doesnt like it.

viewtopic.php?p=31736#p31736
viewtopic.php?p=31495#p31495